1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Can Anyone Confirm If The 1199 Cluch Cover Is The Same In All Respects As The 1299 One?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bootsam, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Hi? Are they identical? I shall tell you a tail of woe that still amazes and pisses me right off.

I had a small weep from bottom of cover due to not torquing it up when fitting GB plastic cover. So I took it all off, including cover. I cleaned it all up. I even put o-ring in boiling water to restore it a bit. I then put it all back together and tightened it all up. Finally I got my torque wrench and torqued em up to 13Nm. BUT, a wee bit of magnetic swarf musve got picked up on the shouldered spacer on the bolt on top lhs as it torqued I noticed that the edge of the lug on cover had cracked and was getting splintered off? Fuck!. I took it all off again and found the offending piece of swarf. I'm fucked off. Bastard, arse and a variety of other swear words.

I effin hoovered the garage too and gave it a good clean before.

2. A quick check on the parts list for both bikes which you can download from Ducati.com should answer your question. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aha. never thought of that. It colour I'm more concerned about tbh.

4. What a bastard thing. To quote Chaka...”I feel for you”..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Different part no's. So the answer is no.

6. I seem to remember reading that the covers on the 1299 had a slight redesign to make them stronger - I can’t remember exactly where but found this passage in the release blurb that seems to indicate my memory is correct.

The cylinder heads of the new 1,285 cm³ Superquadro engine have been improved to guarantee greater rigidity, as in the case of the magnesium head covers and those on the clutch side.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well, mine was prob a bad batch then. The covers are like cheese. Ive ordered one from MSP and £420 cheaper than from Ducati. Bit of a gamble, but ...shrug

8. Boots, I got a 1299 mag clutch case, cover and deep sump off Ben at Codex for about £380 I think. All brand new. Might be worth giving him a bell, if not too late.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mine just arrived from MSP. £170. It includes rubber, shield and screws. In a Ducati Box with part number.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information