1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Anyone Identify This Valve Core Type?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Dabiscuit, Aug 30, 2020.

1. I managed to get the valve core from 1199s. However when I pull it out I suddenly noticed it isn't a normal schrader valve.

The picture shows what I removed on the left (a tiny metal cracked and is missing) and the core on the right is what I thought I needed, but that won't fit.

IMG_20200830_101005.jpg

2. Lots missing there, probably still in the valve body. Probably best to exchange the whole valve to be safe as far as sealing integrity is concerned,
    if you can't get the rest out without damaging the the housing.
    To be fair there are a lot of choices for what is essentially the same part functionality.

5312B540-F453-4B5E-8EC7-F4B40FF12CA7.png

3. That sounds like I'm going to have to flatten and remove the tyre the insert a new valve into the wheel, correct?

4. Definitely half of it is left in the valve body. You might be able to hook it out with a small pick? The tiny part with the seal on is in the tyre now but that wouldn't worry me personally.

5. What's the build up of a super Corsa? Could I use a clamp to flatten it and access the valve hole that way?

6. Possibly. Might be better just biting the bullet and taking the wheel to a shop, if you are not kitted up for the job though.

7. I'd be worried about the carcass of the tyre squashing it like that. Just my feeling, I have no knowledge of this type of tyre construction.

8. Do it properly - get the tyre removed and fit a whole new valve. Sorted.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information