1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can This Be Worth This Much!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by mike1350, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Then they most also realise that the mark up between what they offer a buyer and what they are selling for is ridiculously wide of the market value. Saying thay, looks like they sold that 1299 SL for £79K they had advertised. Only 7K over the list price. Bargain!! Why when at the same time MotoRapido had one up for sale at the RRP as does my local dealer who has a zero mile 1299SL that a buyer decided he no longer wanted after paying RRP and sold it back to them.

2. I have a car I bought about 13 years ago. When I rung up about it and arranged a viewing the seller who was a dealer wouldn't give me the exact address of where it was. Naturally I was very suspicious but he assured me it was for security reasons and didn't just give out the location for people to then not turn up or more to the point turn up in the middle of the night with a craw bar. So we met at the pub nearby. When we got to the cars location I could see why. The place was full of Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bentleys and other top End car models. After we'd done the deal he told me that because he was right in the middle of the footballer belt most of his clientele were earning ridiculous amounts of money they needed to get rid of and loved to spend it on fast cars. He had tailored his business to cater for that. The waiting time for some of these supercars was around 12-18 months but his clients didn't want to wait, they wanted one now and were prepared to pay over the odds and he was happy to oblige. The mark up on the cars was massive, well into many tens of thousands. There are people out there with bags of money and for whatever reason are prepared to pay through the nose for something. When I told him I wasn't a footballer but a hairy arsed farmer I think he knew he was in for a rough ride and I wouldn't be parting with a penny more than I had to, and I didn't! But the car I bought had belonged to a footballer.

• Like Like x 2
  3. There will as you say always be those willing to bend over and pay over the odds to have a bike or a car tomorrow. However most people in the market for an SP5 don't necessarily fit that bill, so you are left with those that are clueless/don't care/can't read (admittedly does still sound like footballers) and the other camp who know what the market value of the bike should be (allowing for a sensible dealer margin). This particular dealer possibly panders to both but also knows that the scarceity of a bike can in some cases let you price them at what you think people are willing to pay as opposed to real world figures. Is he wide of the mark. In most instances yes. However his D16RRs are seemingly pitched at prices in line with many other dealers/trade adverts, so it's not across the board.

4. His prices may well seem very wide of the mark but the fact that he is achieving much higher figures than many others could just mean that he is right at the very highest level of the market and knows how to get it? Not saying that this is the answer, just trying to create a different train of thought. Having seen a couple of his offerings and having an idea of what they were bought for he is not making the monster profits that some might imagine, at least not on everything. Equally I'm sure there are some things that give a handsome return to which he is surely fully entitled if he can attract the right punters. Just to be clear I have never met the man or dealt with his company, just trying to look at it from another point of view which others are free to disagree with if they so wish.

5. From what I have heard (second hand) I think this is quite accurate.

6. He's obviously doing something right, so hats off to him!:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I visited last week.

He is expensive but got some stunning bikes

8. 20170911_135824.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. 20170911_135624.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. 20170911_134000.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Looks like my garage well the amount of bikes anyway not necessarily the quality. :p

12. That seems to be a rediculous amount of stock to have sitting around, wonder if any on sale or return, or just for show...

13. £35k

14. That's insane.

But I guess so is his business insurance premium for all that exotica :p

15. No great surprise, it’s back up for sale....

16. It’s a different bike #46
    Maybe mr Rossi would be interested !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information