1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Can You Help With This Vin Code Please?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by John gorman, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Yeah first registration march 95
    I think you may agree its a rare beast indeed? Thanks again everyone for the input its appreciated

2. John, the build dates, reg dates or even MY designation can be separated by 2-3 years and it is common for bikes to have left the factory 12 months or more before registration. For these bikes I think they were sold before they left the factory so the time between build date and registration would have been very short

3. You are correct, manufactured 95 .
    Registered march 95

4. John, also I think your bike came out of Borgo Panigale rather than Varese. Ducati were always happy to confirm the type, dates and engine frame match if you emailed them with the details as the owner

5. Thanks mate, i have looked and havent seen any other 1995 sp2 for sale anywhere, my current bike is a 1260s diavel.. the 916 is going in my dining room, it can take pride of olace for 10 years then I will asses the value

6. You need to ride it surely, unless it is zero miles?

7. Well, I was confused - @El Toro maybe you can start this as a new thread from post #111 :thinkingface:

8. 10 years + ago, 996sps were 5k.

9. New thread created and title changed to suit

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Wow thats insane! I reckon it could be a 50k bike in 5 years... time will tell i dont see it as a gamble though

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. No i wont ride it mate ,(apart from the yearly trip for mot )it has under 4000 miles, my diavel 1260s is for fun

12. If Nelly says the build date was '94, then it was built in '94 no matter what the UK registration info says :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Stu, I tend agree with you. But it depends whether the VIN model code for all the 916s including the S and SP of that period are in the same sequence. If they are then it is a 94 Varese SP1 and quite an early one at that. If they aren't and the Vin is specific to the SP then it is an SP2 from Bologna. Hopefully Ducati will answer the question definitively, probably quite important as the bike appears to be an investment.

14. My son's Strada is a '94 build bike but UK registered in March '95 with a "M" plate.

15. That's where Nelly got the info from :eyes:

16. Once i have the bike registered i will contact Ducati for clarification

17. Build date was 14th July 1994 ;) That's as much as I can see. Factory will ultimately be able to tell you what it is, SP or SP2.

• Like Like x 1
  18. See, telt you :yum would you listen :thinkingface: nope :eek:

Oh, and that means it's a 1994 model, not a 1994 built 1995 model :):upyeah:

19. Good news for me if that is correct i pray it is !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information