1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can You Improve The Headlights

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by PeteDuke, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Hi, thanks everyone for the info. So in the short term I went to Halfords and got the best I could there but they are still crap at best. Order the bulbs below but there is a fan attached so I cannot get the lamp housing back on. Has anyone drilled out a hole of the lamp housing and sealed? And will it pass an MOT? Cheers

fb8865f15277dbc0.jpg

2. Those don’t seem to have anything to block the higher portion of light and create a clear cut-off. They therefore won’t pass.

3. Hi, sorry what I meant was if the lamp housing had holes in the back when I put my Halford bulbs back in would it fail an MOT? On what you have just said do you think these would blind people coming towards me? Cheers

4. Yes these will likely blind people, and no the hole in the housing would not cause MOT issues.

5. I had these same LEDs in my 2010 Multi and had no issues with the MOT. Fit them and point the bike at the garage wall and see what they look like. As long as there is a defined cut-off beam pattern with no significant scatter they will pass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. you'll probably find that they come apart at the back as well so can feed them into your light housing and the cover over it before re-assembly.

7. Are we talking reflector or projector headlights?
    I seem to remember from @Bob T ‘s writings on the subject, that projector lights have their own built-in cut off.

8. Thanks all for the responses. I drilled out the back of one housing and the bulb fits a treat with all cables inside and the fan part just sticking out enough without causing any problems. Looked good against the garage wall last night but will give a good test tonight when its dark. Cheers

9. Happy to report they are superb and the spread and cut off is great. Put one in the high beam too (will change both back for MOT due in May). Bargain at £18.86 delivered compared to the £30 from Halfords for inferior bulbs. Cheers

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. If the cut off is good then no reason not to leave them in come MOT time.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information