1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Leave Out The Guzz

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by dave slowley, Apr 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Reds for fast riders, expect foot pegs scraped toes worn out on his boots and excessive tyre wear on the edges. Slow Dave is asleep long be awake Fast Dave.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Nice, I've had a soft spot for Guzzis ever since I first saw a Lemans back in the '70s.

I resisted for many years but it was an itch I just had to scratch;

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. I also have a hankering for an old Guzzi my old man always want one but never did buy one. I think he just preferred twin engined motorcycles. Although I would also like a Laverda RGS.

4. Love Guzzis, but they have given me a lot of heartache over the years despite their "Stone Axe" simplicity

I like your style @dave slowley, love @Dukedesmo bike too

My Sporti engined thing, just hope to God I've now mangaged to stop it peeing oan ma boots.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. very nice, how’s the riding experience?

6. Saw one of those out in the wild at a BMF rally back in the early nineties even more lovely in the flesh or metal whatevery the phrasing should be.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I don't blame you........I wish I still had mine, definitely in preference to the Ducati and Harley.

Spotted instantly yours is a MkII rather than a MkI (although there was no such thing as a MKI....it was just the 'LeMans').

Funny thing is there were two releases of MKIIs, so really MkIIa and MkIIb I guess.....

Had a clutch that would build a forearm muscle and a grip like steel; throttle almost the same; brakes were brilliant especially with some decent pads (not the Brembo ones).....I had Ferodo race pads.

Mine would do about 75mpg if cruising long distance at 75mph, but as soon as you started whacking those throttle pumps open it would drop to about 45 - 50mpg.

Stock seat was bloody uncomfortable and the custom seat wasn't much better if on a long run.

Owned it from new. Still trying to find it...........it had a lot of work done to it.

Moto Guzzi Le Mans II.jpg

#27 Arquebus, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Rides very well for a 40yr old bike, reasonable turn of speed although acceleration is blunted by the weight, decent handling and surprisingly good brakes but not particularly comfortable, heavy clutch and very long throttle pull (needs 2 twists to get all the way open) - makes a 916 feel very comfortable! main reason for the lack of comfort is the low seat/high footpegs meaning your knees are extremely bent, that and the long reach to the low bars.

I did improve comfort by getting a spare seat modified with a 30mm rise, plus fitting longer adjustable bars so that it's more bearable but in reality the bike is suited to someone with the build of a Gorilla: short legs, long arms.

9. I guess a quicker action throttle would make it seem nippier but on the other hand that’s not really what our older stuff is about, it’s the experience, character, not forgetting the relief of getting to your destination and back again! (My oldest bike 1955 James Captain doesn’t always quite manage that :) )

• Like Like x 1
  10. ....but in reality the bike is suited to someone with the build of a Gorilla: short legs, long arms............

.........yep, that's me......(or was, before I got ill and all my muscles faded away)

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. mine too, wit 2013 mts
    IMG-20200413-WA0001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oooo go on then, any lockdown excuse to post Guzzi pics...
    Sadly, I sold a Black n Gold LM2 just before Christmas, here it is between my two other Italians.

B5580F3D-B27A-4B1D-88B0-63BFA0CC3929.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  13. that appears to uncle joe Stalin . i think he would of been more into Urals and Cossacks ,ECT

14. The Urals and Cossacks were for the peasants, us elites rode Italian to set us apart.

15. I like this, is it actually a thing? :thinkingface:

IMG_0411.JPG

16. Dunno
    This is though Guareshci GC Varano, which I like A LOT

[​IMG]

Or the mad MAS12 Race Bike

[​IMG]

MAS12 Engine 150 Horses I think

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. 4729872C-BE50-4C9C-923E-4EB3E4658B8F.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  18. ohh, a magni ohhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,!

19. Has the Guzzi sprung a leak?

20. Always loved Magnis and the Ghezzi Brian Fionda is quite tasty.

fionda-600x400.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information