1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Can't Find Your Side Stand - Simple Fix

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by PeteKeys, May 6, 2016.

1. May work but it looks shit and not something I’d want on a bike.
    Put your foot on the back/bottom of the stand and it comes down fine.

2. I’ve done a similar thing but with a Ti bolt and threaded alloy spacer I knocked up. It’s only 10mm longer than the OE one but far easier to find now plus it’s lighter:D

FDF5C041-6092-4148-8FD0-86C70A029B71.jpeg 3C93A663-2F71-468B-BD05-352D3786C1F4.jpeg ECD8B6BA-BC7C-4EA9-BC0B-913CB9E54330.jpeg

3. It is a M6 thread, right ? Aftermarket has several mods for it. As well as yours ;-)

4. Thats on the V4 though, correct? The 1299 does not have a peg on the stand. The V4 bloody needs one!

5. Yeah on the V4....Ah so 1299 like my old 959 has nothing! Was planning on drilling and tapping mine out but never got around to it.... Pretty easy task and definitely worth doing

6. Im in the it doesnt need it doing camp for the 1299. The v4 is another matter as you know!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yep, shocked I was! Thanks Phil. Dave

8. When I wear the Supertech R's I just cannot get the stand down with my foot, however, when I wear the Dainese Torque D1 boots I don't have any problem at all. The STR's are a tad bulkier. :)

9. Agreed!! & ya wanna try it with the Akra fairings!

I had to use the heat gun to bend the fairing so the stand would actually come out o_O

10. second this. I have to scratch around like I’m looking for fleas with my heel until something eventually catches...

11. Put the toe of your boot up and behind the footrest and it will find the foot of the stand. Easy to swing it out from there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 6F32FAE8-976A-431C-A2D0-D9EE31816F14.png Jo has one of these on her 959, fits the side stand really well and can’t see it unless the stand is down - she is vertically challenged and has size 5 feet so get your problem.

13. I'd rather buy a Triumph from Thailand than stick a bolt in my side stand.
    I will endeavour to exhibit trying to find the stand on a Pani in front of any crowd, it's all good fun.

14. Pani is easy if you come at it from behind the footrest (and I’m only 5’5”).
    My 996 with rearsets and DP swing arm cover requires Me to dismount then put the stand down. It’s impossible.

15. Not true. Compression and tension forced run on opposite surfaces of the leg. Forces through the centre are neutral. If it was manufactured where material is required it would be web shaped. Future parts created using computational design and 3d printing for example. That won't break.

16. Just got one of these for my Panigale R, but cannot for the life of me find out how it fits! Any chance you could take a photo for me @brettski ?

17. Well I’ve put a shitty old long bolt on my shiny v4 ! Couldn’t care less! Shabby chic I calls it!

• Like Like x 1
  18. 83A4F8A6-BC5B-49E2-A0E1-E4CCA663DE6C.png

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Thanks loads. Done. Now I don’t have to play the Orang Utan to put the stand down by hand.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information