1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Advice

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by JenC, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Hopefully in a few months time I'll be in a position to get a slightly newer car. My MG ZR of thirteen years will be ready to retire fairly soon.
    I want to stick with a hatchback, as they're handy and plenty of room for the dog. I've narrowed down a few, and wonder if any of you have had any experience with them.
    Mazda 3 2 litre sport
    Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback 2.2 diesel
    Ford Focus
    I've chosen these as they have good boot space.
    Thanks for any input :upyeah:

2. Hiya Jen, not an expert but look into costs regarding running a diesel the tax etc...everyone on the bandwagon that diesel is murdering us all....

• Like Like x 2
  3. I've not got one Jen but can't go wrong with a focus, cheap to run, insure and put parts on if anything breaks. Bloody reliable too I hear. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Was a nice looking focus on here Jen actually in the other items for sale bit.....good shout Wayne

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Think I need some test drives :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I tagged Jen to it

• Like Like x 2
  7. PS. Jen, what about a Golf? Bought my lass one last year, bomb proof build quality and their reputation for longevity and reliability go without saying.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mazda 3 is a good car jen very reliable
    jap diesels are a bit boring to be honest
    ford focus good cars but again bit boring unless you go for an rs or st

9. out of the three and if long term costs are figured in the choice. the focus. if yer not to fussed about looks but want space,reliability, low servicing costs and a bit more reliability. you deffo cant go wrong with a fiat doblo. but dont wright off the looks until you drive one.
    v.v.good wagons.

10. The boot's too small for pooch, otherwise they're a lovely car.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You're on my wavelength, Focus is a bit plebby. I'm sort of looking for something a bit different, hence Mazda and Lancer. :upyeah:

12. Nah, not looking to change for a few months.

13. look into mazda diesels, running cranks, faulty DPF's, corrosion. they wont last as long as your rover.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. @JenC look at the mazda 3 mps :upyeah:

15. This is the problem finm, they all seem to have their faults. The Mazda I've looked at is petrol, my MG fair play has been a cracking car, but it's very tired now and rust has reared it's ugly head.

16. stick with petrol jen far better unless your diving up the motorway everyday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Sadly cannot agree with Alistair, the Mazda 3 bought by Carole’s son was the most problamatical heap of poo I’ve seen in nearly 50 years of motoring and having owned BLMC cars at that. Carole’s Focus has been the picture or reliability and having driven a modern Seat (Leon) for nearly 4 years, they would be on my short list. Good luck with your search. Andy x

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. must have been a friday afternoon car andy?? usually mazdas are very good.

19. Ive had 4 focus's, All were petrol, 2 pretty basic one's and an RS an ST, Ive a kuga at the moment but she's going this year and hopefully get another ST a year or 2 old, Very reliable and ive racked up a load of miles, Never had anything much go wrong other than wear and tare, Do my own maintenance and there pretty good to work on and parts are reasonable,

#19 jack999s, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Golf gti estate, Leon, Octavia?? All would be on my list.........:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information