1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Carbon Battery Box Battery Options

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Sev, May 11, 2020.

1. Hello all,
    The 916 has a race sized carbon battery box to take a narrower battery.

With batteries having moved on, what batteries are we looking at for the slimmer option vs what was available back in the mid nineties.

Looking to stay away from lithium as I've only got the 2 phase charging system.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sev, the later battery option used on 996s and MY01/02 748s is a Yuasa YT12B-BS AGM which is 150mm wide x 69mm deep and 130mm tall, that might work. Without seeing the carbon battery box its a bit awkward to say

• Like Like x 1
  3. When you determine the size that fits remember Yuasa do a higher CCA range now - this one being for a 1098 / 1198 fitment so too big for yours...
    Halfords stock them.

Yuasa_YTX14H-BS_Batteria_Moto.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doh, would have helped if i’d measured It!
    130mm wide, so the yuasa would fit nicely side on.

poifect :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. May I ask why the 2phase charging system will not work with a lithium battery?

6. it will, the mighty Shingenden FH020AA is a true beast amongst RR's but my thought is that it may always be showing the charge warning light due to not seeing three inputs. I might be wrong of course.

If it doesn't care, then superb, I'll park one of them on the bike and blank off the third alternator input. :)

7. I'm no expert in this however I believe if you getting a charge between 13.4v and 14.6v it should be plug and play and you good sir are good to go with the trusty old 'FH020AA' :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Don't forget if you are a higher level subscriber and have a halfords card, that gives you discount on bike batteries too when you are searching around for best prices

• Like Like x 1
  9. May I ask what a 2 phase charging system is?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Fix it again toni

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. bit like 2moto but phase.

12. Two wire=single phase.:)

13. Thanks keith, apologies and thank you for correcting :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information