1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Carbon Fairings

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Wooly46, Sep 19, 2018.

1. try carbon moto ive never had a problem with them.

2. Corsa Garage has a full street 998 carbon setup. I’ve got the 998R tail and it’s good quality; currently being painted, hopefully have pics soon!

I plan picking up the two sides, bellypan and nose around December from them.

3. Febur have always sent the stuff i’ve ordered from them out straight away. Usually arrives within 3 days and their quality is spot on. Email them as they’re cash happy and you should get a decent deal.

4. The Corsa Garage stuff looks good. I’ve been looking at their air box with detachable sides but the postage and customs to get it here from the states would just kill it. The owner says their stuff is made in Italy so would be interesting to find out who the manufacturer is.

5. I have the QB Carbon fairings and other parts for my 748 and the fit/finish is good enough but has very little strength. I also have an 1198 with a full set of Fullsix carbon fairings and the quality is far far superior. QB's carbon is offered in plain weave which is the same pattern as DP or MS, however the finish is not the same. Fullsix is available in many weave options and finishes. Their finished product is very very similar to DP/MS.

As for as construction goes, QB parts are wet lay up carbon and Fullsix is proper multi layer pre-preg carbon. There is not really a massive price difference between the two companies either. QB might be more open to deals than a Fullsix supplier though.

Corsa Garage stuff looks amazing however it is pricey. I'm sure it's now made by the company that was formed from the ashes of CM Composit - now called Speed Carbon. I can't find any info on them through the interweb, but their parts seem to be supplied through a few companies. Forza Moto and Ducati Parts Online to name a couple and not in the slightest bit cheap... Febur, Carbonvani and Bursi Evolution all do brilliant pre-preg carbon parts.

An alternative is the UK based company, C-Tech Composites (support your local/national companies plug). Steve makes proper pre-preg carbon and once supplied his parts to HRC. Quite an accolade. His business is much smaller these days and more of a hobbie, but the fit and finish is amazing. He has lots and lots of parts that are available for the 748/9*6/8, 1*98, Desmo and Panigale range. There is a downside though - he is always busy and very very difficult to get a hold of.

Hope that helps a wee bit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Have you tried Speed Carbon? They have a full inventory for the 9*6/998 range and are super to deal with also.
    I have their full catalogue if you are interested.
    www.speedcarbon.com
    [email protected]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Can you send their catalogue to me please?

TIA

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah sure, PM me your mail addy. Its too big to attach here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. That’s great info that mate, thanks! Do you know if fullsix make stuff for the older Ducati’s like my 998?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Is the catalogue on line?

11. hello...

12. ive just bought nose, both sides and belly pan from Speed carbon.
    Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 17.49.18.png

these are their part numbers and prices plus shipping ( not including tax!)
    top fairing no headlight holes
    998 slab sides no side stand
    998 'race' style belly pan no holes

oh, they had them in stock

their website is "under construction" if you email them then the loverly Elisa gets back to you quickly

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks mate, I’ve emailed them this afternoon. Are you happy with your parts? Got any pics?

14. only ordered them thursday... being posted on monday

ive had other stuff from them pretty good quality and similar to ducati weave

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yep, they are decent folks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. yup, it is indeed speed carbon stuff. I always go direct to the manufacture, Id say only 2% of the market manufacture their own carbon, the rest imported from KIY Carbon and OYA, both from China. Great choice speed carbon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I hope they email me back this week then o_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information