1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbon Fibre Front Mudguard For The Ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Jan 23, 2020.

1. got a carbon MG on mine but then again it came with it! I likes it I likes it a lot!

2. I offered the mounting points up to the fork leg, and surprisingly not far off but nowhere near the OEM part.
    The sides are noticeably longer vertically. Won't know for sure until I get the bike fully reassembled.

IMG_20200123_205757.jpg
    IMG_20200123_205805.jpg
    IMG_20200123_210001.jpg
    IMG_20200123_205231.jpg
    IMG_20200123_205303.jpg
    IMG_20200123_205349.jpg
    IMG_20200123_205606.jpg

3. Slot the misaligned hole.
    The head of the fastener is big enough to hide it all.
    Use a round diamond or permagrit file and you’ll be fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. 2 lovely looking bikes right there...
    im not a big fan of the carbon look at all and every bit of carbon i have on any bike is painted, with the exception of the front guard on my ss. i think it looks well with the yellow. otherwise im with @Arquebus in that i think it should only be on the cans.. oh or a clutch cover in carbon is acceptable!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Same bike, different fairings and tank.

6. I was just about to ask you that question,with you're a greedy bastard.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. schneaky!!!! very schneaky!!!! i have nearly a full spare kit incuding tank that i will one day do black also!!! just need the side fairings. oh and a fuel pump ...
    there was some bikini fairings on ebay for 80 quid that i keep looking at but they would probably lead me to taking the engine out to repaint and that would lead me to getting it stripped down and that would lead to mods while it was apart...lol.. i have it bad....

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have black bikini fairings also - but I'm not keen on that look

I think we all have it bad!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. nice! you seem to have an excess of fairings there... albeit rhs ones! you have trouble on left hand corners?

10. Don’t breathe the dust!

11. snort it....

12. QB Carbon do not do a good front mudguard for the SS, I had three from them and they were all touching the tyre at the back. They blamed the mould.

13. if they took the mould from the original ducati carbon part then that too touched the tyre at times.

You need to understand with composite stuff that it's not production fit, and you have to do a bit of 'fitting' to get it to play right in many cases, so don't be at all surprised if holes need to be opened up or things tilted etc.

Unlike the stock production part these things will sometimes flex or twist out of a mould, and made worse if the layup isn't balanced - which many of the stuff that's pumped out isn't.

and yes... PPE... goes without saying. Goggles, mask and good extraction.

14. I believe there was a member on here made carbon fibre panels etc think he was based in hull
    he built up a ss with an 1100 motor if I remember right

15. The OEM mudguard will sag over a period of time. You can see the OP's one has already started to do it if you look at the sides in the pic above.

This causes the mudguard to either trap stones between the tire and the inside of the guard, or it will touch the tire.

Unfortunately if the back of the guard touches the tire, it can get grabbed on the trailing edge and then you have a problem because it either wears the trailing edge away or it gets shoved up between the forks.

I cured the sag on mine.....not hard to do if you have the right bits and pieces.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information