1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbon Forks.

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Biot, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Looks expensive :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Yep, which is why I wondered if anyone on here had any experience of them at all?

3. I was at cologne bike show two years ago with my mate that works at öhlins. Ceracarbon were there and we chatted for about 30 minutes about their products as my mates only experience with this type of stuff was the öhlins carbon forks that MotoGP tested.
    Ceracarbons stuff is very interesting. Is I remember right it was about 3.5 kilo weight loss . Handling a full set of carbon forks you think wow. The forks tubes are machined carbon. The stanchions are ceramic coated carbon. Only downside at the time was that the fork bottoms are epoxy fixed to the stanchions. Not that that weakens then in anyway but it would have been nice if they could be released if needed.
    Fantastic kit and the owner of the company very passionate about is product and happy to discuss and questions we put to him.
    If I had the money I’d go for it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Cheers, that’s very interesting. Aside from the carbon tubes I wonder what the quality of the actual springs/valve/damping set up is? Compared to say Ohlins or Showa BPF.
    Would be gutting to get a pair to only find out later that the ride quality is worse than o/e,

5. Much the same as others on here, I saw them at last years Bike Shed Show. They were in the same area as us "shed builders".
    I had a good look at the exhibts, which looked really good in terms of quality & felt extremely light indeed. As to performance, sorry can't help, but I'd like to think they were "up to it" so to speak.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Full top spec öhlins internals at the time.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Mmmmm, interesting if they use Ohlins guts. Will e-mail them and see what they say.

• Like Like x 1
  8. €8750 plus vat

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Those SL forks look a bargain right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I have carbon forks on my pushbike if that helps o_O

I'll get me coat :p

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Trying to get the 899 hybrid down to 175kg in road legal trim. So looking at options.
    Got to have a project. :p

• Like Like x 2
  12. Down to 185.7kg +/- 0.3kg fully fuelled and in road trim.
    (Lights, mirrors, number plate etc).

13. That sounds a very expensive hobby!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. @Spence I believe runs their sprockets

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Was looking at their carbon/ceramic sproks too:upyeah:

16. Bikes these days can be an expensive hobby!

17. Yeah I run their sprockets! Massive weight saving.

18. @Spence what wear rate do you get? In other words is it comparable to a light alloy rear sprocket?
    Cheers

19. It’s believed to last upto 3 times longer. With the season gone how it has... I’ve probably only put 10 miles on the thing

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information