1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Carbon Wheels For The Enduro

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by GunZenBomZ, Feb 13, 2019.

1. To be fair on the replies that you mock, yours looks like it spends more time being kept clean and gunz made it very clear his enduro goes off road and will continue too. You won't find many off roaders with carbon wheels for good reasons

2. Another really helpful assumption.

Well done.

3. Not a good idea.

Do they flex under load like the old MTB rims used to do?...always had that feeling of riding on ice.

Needless to say if you chip one with a rock, there's a good chance it will come apart on you...sooner or later...hopefully not on the ride back whilst doing a ton.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. I'll be damned! Pigs do fly!! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Can you tell me how many bikes on the paris- dakar use carbon wheels? how many enduros are sold with carbon wheels or why there are so few companies even making carbon wheels for off roaders? Not an assumption at all based on the above

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think my version of off-roading is completely different to hooning around at 40mph. I've done green-laning in 4x4 vehicles; what I consider off-road is hardened farm tracks on my motorbike at a sedate speed. On my landlords farm we have part of an agreed proper off-road motorcycle route including a local wood. The most interesting thing for me about the wood is the fungi & a large grass snake den. Occasionally I can be found scanning the local terrain for deer with my farvision 20x50 binoculars parked up on those tracks. Not for shooting but for my enjoyment of their company. I rarely use my metal-panniers other than for touring in the UK. Abroad I use soft-panniers however I've an urge for carbon wheels that needs filling.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Good on you, go for it, just post the pictures if you manage it. I often have people asking why I spend money on, what they consider, needless whims, but if you've got an itch, scratch it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Go and read the original post. At no point has the OP asked for comments on the suitability of his bike and cf wheels. Nor has he asked for comments on his weight or his likelihood of using panniers (steel or otherwise). You might also take a moment to peruse my post and look for where I asked for comments of the frequency of my rides or the method I use to clean it.

Here’s the thing, professionally I’m paid to give my opinion. I do it literally all day. Sometimes it’s welcomed, others, not so much. Outside of my job, I tend to keep my opinions to myself unless I’m either asked or I see someone close doing something worrying.

As for your question, I’ve no idea how many enduro bikes are sold with cf wheels. But I’ve no idea how many speed boats are sold with toasters.

Have I mentioned how much I love my BSTs?

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. I really don't worry about the off thread comments. I'm definitely someone who posts information on others threads that have raised eye-brows & either been informative or cynical towards government actions. Especially when conspiracy theory has become conspiratorial fact.

Such as the uk government using foreign aid monies to finance 'Integrity initiative' aka feeding fake news which is designed to co-opt journalists into placing propaganda into media outlets. All the while been paid by the uk_fascists with a current focused anti-russian agenda. To pretend that Russian Federation was behind the wide swathe of people supporting Corboyn.

To be brief on this subject; "Once, weapons were manufactured to fight wars. Now wars are manufactured to sell weapons" (Arundhati Roy).

ps: Trailing motorcycle riding is not off-road riding to some I suppose.

#29 GunZenBomZ, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information