1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Carbon Wheels?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by manicguitarist, May 17, 2020.

1. That's fair Pete, read my response back, I think it was a little doom and gloom. These particular ones look like they are pushing the limits in terms of design but your dymags just look 'solid' and the BST ones do also, so perhaps it's just getting our heads around how far composite technology..

I suppose thinking about it, two of the scary wheel failures I've seen have actually been on Magnesium wheels, never carbon, Dunlop at the TT, Berger at donnington in WSBK, albeit they don't use carbon in wsbk or TT but still.

2. ive got blue bsts on my r1, dymag carbon/mag on my 996,oz piegas on my gsxr, oz checa reps on the pani all look the dogs.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I have run BST carbon wheels on my 1199 Pani for three seasons, they absolutely transformed the turn rate and 'flickability'. No issues at all with quality and durability in general track use. Only points I have are when using of course with tyrewarmers they do really take ages to get real heat into the rubber, and once on track if you are in cooler conditions and you are not (or cannot in my case!) ride 'hard' enough to keep the heat in the the tyres they cool down, real quick. On hot days no issues at all and you just need to re-calibrate the suspension for the super turn rate you can achieve, bend your handlebars!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I believe this remains one reason they don’t use carbon wheels in bike racing apart from the rules, Because actually cost wise the mag stuff they use is obscene, I believe it’s bevause they heat the rim up as much as they can with the warmers which helps hold the heat in them

Do Not Sell My Personal Information