1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carl Fogarty

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Symon Moore, Jan 26, 2021.

1. I spent the majority of the 90s out of bikes and bike racing so although I was always aware of Carl Fogarty & got into the sport towards the end of his career, I hadn’t realised his origins in WSB. Just been watching a Sky Sports documentary. Did you lot know that in order to compete, he had to go and buy his own Ducati from a dealer, whereupon he went and beat the Works riders in his first race? After which apparently Ducati noticed him. Great story!

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. :D Thanks for the heads up, will give this a watch.

3. A fantastic story

• Like Like x 1
  4. He was stunning round the IOM

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wasn’t he assisted by Ducati as his privateer season progressed too, I don’t have SKY and if I did I couldn’t fracking watch anything as the 1 TV in the house is hogged by ‘The Mrs’ and Daughter.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I recall going to Brands Hatch to watch him in his first factory season all the way it rained rained all through the races and all the way home. He fell off in the first race all that way just for him to fall off, think Rutter did well though and Falappa. I’m not bitter about that day honest....

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. He fell off heavily in a WSB race in 95, chipped a bone on his ankle & broke a finger. Got back on the bike & won race 2. Easy to forget just how good he was.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Just helping out folks,Fogarty doing his thing in 92.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Was at Donny that day:upyeah:, happier times

• Like Like x 1

9. I was 1

Sorry

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wow you’re like fresh meat.

I rode there the back way through Repton not the using the M42 basically, sometimes didn’t payto enter.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I was at Donny and Brands in the pissing rain which was called the Irish Round in WSB !

• Like Like x 2
  12. I enjoyed the free refreshments at Brands from the Ducati marquee :upyeah:

13. Big three zero for me tomorrow as it goes

Feel battered already

• Like Like x 2
  14. Happy Birthday for tomorrow Ads :upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 1

15. Thankyou buddy.

most kind x

• Like Like x 1
  16. Repton is about 4 miles from me

17. Approx 15 for me depending on route taken.

18. I really wanted those leathers! . I didn't have a license or bike at the time, but soon sold my hot hatch to do my direct access licence and buy a Ducati!

19. Really, you is a sick puppy:scream:

• Like Like x 1
  20. I’ve read his auto biography. It’s a good read. Recommended.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information