1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carol Nash Six Wheel Policy.

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Pierre 66, Aug 28, 2017.

1. I`ve had two bikes and a car insured with Carol Nash on their six wheel policy for years.
    I`m looking for another car now and every quote I`ve had from them so far is between £150 - £170 increase. Fair enough I suppose, I have a 14 year old diesel Focus at the minute so pretty much anything will be an increase in premium.
    Here`s the kicker though, I`ve recently sold my 900ss so rang them, they offered me a £29 refund, then hit me with a £40 admin charge. The guy on the phone acted like it was the deal of the fuckin century, I remove a bike and still owe them money. My policy runs July to July so "mid term changes" seems to be the the phrase of the day.
    I`m also looking for something to go greenlaning on, maybe an xr400 or a drz400. Bet they want more than £29, plus admin charges of course, to add one of those.
    Anyhoo, what I can`t understand is why no other insurance companies seem to offer a six wheel policy except for Carol Nash, or is there? Maybe there`s just more money to be made with separate policies for bike and car.
    I know it`s not really breaking news but, insurance companies, robbing bastards, surely not.

2. I think Admiral may have one now. Not certain tho.

3. I am about to renew my Carole Nash six wheel policy, removing my GTR and putting the Multistrada on instead, along with a shogun, renewal for the GTR was £441 and they can whistle if that's there best deal.

I can get separate deals for the car and bike less than that.

4. I'm insured for the bikes (multi-bike policy) with Carole Nash and whilst it started reasonable a few years back they have gradually ramped up the price.

As two of my bikes are heavily modified and the other old, it's not possible to get online quotes so it's a right faff to shop around, going through all the info to find I've saved nothing so I've paid up the extra (after some arguing) but I suspect next year maybe crunch time to try elsewhere?

The last couple of years they've tried to get me to insure the car but have come nowhere near, despite promising to beat my renewal.

I've had an argument with my Son's insurance co. today; first the polite agent, then the not-so-polite supervisor over trumped up extra charges which has left a nasty taste in the mouth.

When exactly did insurance companies become such arsewipes and make it so awkward to get insurance? When I started driving/riding it was easy, they gave you a quote for the vehicle, no mileage limits, no paying extra for pillion or different paint, just insure and go, now they want to put as many conditions and charge as much as they can (and then some). I think they must all do a course at the Ryanair school of business and charm, bunch of shysters the lot of'em...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information