1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carolyn Flack Found Dead, Blimey

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Feb 15, 2020.

1. There you go, I'm not mainstream. I honestly had no idea who this was until I seen this post.
    I do however appreciate suicide awareness so, I have sympathy for the family.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The usual sources but I skip over what I'm not interested in, which includes most if not all celeb 'news'.
    As for not knowing who she was, not so surprising if one doesn't watch any of the programmes she was on or presented, in much the same way that I wouldn't know many/most current pop stars by sight or name.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. We can’t all be edgy and cool...

But agree on the human impact bit.

4. Edgy and cool,? I don't get your point. Anyway, it's a tragedy when I read suicide.

5. Agree on the thoughts about suicide...

Never saw her on telly as I don’t watch it, don’t buy the papers either. Never read an article about her until tonight either. I knew who she was though, as she was forever coming up in news feeds and links to articles. I’m just surprised that others hadn’t heard of her as she seemed as well known as Tess Daly, or Ant and Dec or any one of a number of celebrities. Not my thing, but I was aware of who she was.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Poor girl very sad news

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I disagree.
    To prevent this sort of misunderstanding, I deliberately doubley emphasised some wimmin and not wimmin in general.
    This woman was, without doubt, one such woman. In my opinion, just pointing out a fact.

[​IMG]

8. My Sympathy goes to Miss Flacks family and to all the family’s in the world who’s family member or friend decided to end their life..

Those left behind to clear up are the ones who will carry pain, hurt, and possibly guilt for the remainder of their lives..

I know what it’s like to feel “ I don’t want this anymore,” no one will care if I’ve gone” etc, also when people write things about you no matter if they are true or not, those people have no idea of the permanent damage a few taps on a keypad or as in my case words written in Ink can do.. Doubts creep in, low self esteem, loneliness and again thoughts of, is this all worth it?

For me the first time it was pills, and when they were taken away and locked up I found myself counting the trains past, one by one, until my favourite number was reached, for me it never came, the police got me instead..
    I had no fear for myself I was way beyond that, instead I feared for the driver of the train my thoughts were for him/her just hoping they were looking in another direction at the time..

Suicide is selfish because by the very word your taking your own self being..

My thinking is for many, life is a little like a small high street shop.. your front is bright, lively, looking for attention..

And when no one visits your store, despite all your best efforts you are left to retreat to the the rear of your shop, maybe full of good things ( stock) you would like to offer the world and it’s people, but the reality is it’s dark and lonely back there which can bring much trouble sadly..

Talk,cry,hug and luv one another and remember those who may be alone in life, don’t be fooled by their bright happy looking front, it’s what’s behind that front that matters.. x

• Like Like x 11
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1

9. Very touching indeed, thanks for posting this!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. I never really paid much attention to her press, good or bad. Recall her having a reputation for dating younger men after dating Harry Styles from One Direction, not that there’s anything wrong with that but there seems to be a stigma about it when it seems more acceptable the other way around?

But that aside, I don’t recall anything particularly damaging to her reputation until she battered her boyfriend with a bed side lamp. Now how is that the fault of the media? And I’m pretty sure most employers, especially when your job is in the public eye, won’t continue your contract when your being investigated for something like that? So I don’t blame ITV for promptly sacking her.

I do find myself thinking of the usual phrases when you read celeb gossip stories though:
    Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good headline.
    No smoke without fire.
    Can’t have your cake and eat it.
    No such thing as bad press.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Ahhhhhhh, so it’s only some women... can’t be misogyny then...

#51 Fire3500, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  12. :rolleyes: Well if that's how you choose to interpret my post, that's up to you. Seems like you're looking for an offence where none exists or was meant. Spose I could've (for balance) evened things up by saying that some men are just as bad but as this isn't a BBC forum, that'd be unnecessary and I assumed there'd be intelligent people on here who could understand the intended meaning and take for granted that there was no misogyny at all.

13. I believe she stepped down from Love Island as the recent series was about to start and didn’t want her charge of abuse clouding the series and the door was left open for her.
    I believe she was to front a new programme too and that now will never be shown.
    She was pretty much a nice presenter bubbly personality and her choice of partner bought her more into the spotlight and then of course the claimed assault.
    The media had a field day they don’t like winners or nice people the minute they have dirt they dish it followed by the trolls of the internet etc
    So yes there was fuel but the media added the fire and flamed it.

This young lady was someone’s daughter/granddaughter/sister/aunty/best friend/girlfriend

My thoughts are with them

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I’m with you Noodle doodle it’s a painful journey isn’t it x

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. It is Hon..
    as you correctly say, it matters not be that person famous, rich, poor or whatever, but that person matters to someone..

All loss of life is, a loss, be it to millions of adoring fans, or but a few friends.

I must admit the one thing I find hardest about personally not desiring life myself is knowing that there are guys out there like your luvly self fighting endlessly to keep living, to hang on to the life you so cherish..

I guess the famous almost have it tougher really as one minute they get adored via social media and in an instance it can turn, at least the likes of I don’t get that!

With SM, like gossip in the workplace, a few comments from the anonymise can’t make or break a career and yes, even make or take a life... and sadly, very sadly, some people seem to get off on that opportunity to do just that..

Go Get a life, grab yours and help bring life to those who maybe less fortunate... Way better surely than contributing to end someones life via sick comments..

X

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Social media has just as much to blame for the taking of her own life, as it does with many others. It's my understanding she came under a constant barrage of abuse when on any of the platforms. I'm sure she also received adoration, but it's the hate and judgement that brings things to an abrupt end.

These social media platforms profess to be the purveyors and shining lights of free speech, 'they' pretend they're only in it to bring people together, yet in most part allow their platforms to pull people apart.

Social media is probably one of the worse inventions in recent years, it's a safe haven for people to hate, snipe, bully, live out entirely fake, filtered and farcical lifestyles.
    No matter what 'side' you're on its full of people who feel they have a divine right to pass comment and judgement whilst sat at home in their onesies pouting like a fucking fish clicking off 1000's of selfies a day. It's full of finger wavers telling someone else how wrong they are, how they should act, the same people who really and truthfully shouldn't have a public voice and in any other way of life they wouldn't, because they're dreary and miserable bastards.

I struggle to see what social media does for the world in terms of real benefits, especially when you counter any of the good with the negative aspects it creates. It's setting unreasonable lifestyle expectations for the young, compounding self doubt and anxiety disorders, it's hinders proper human interaction on a face to face basis and blurs the line consistently between truth and lies.

'Free speech' is just a bullshit excuse made by people unwilling or unable to make a decision on good or bad, right or wrong.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Just a thought:

You get the media you deserve. Always.

• Like Like x 1
  18. This story came as a real shock and is truly sad, I really feel for her friends and family and reflect that a life ended at 40 is just too young.

I've been following this thread and media comments about consequences of social media, the crown prosecution service on her mental health.

While I recognise that this scrutiny on this generation of teens and young people that need help and support from vicious trolls, CF has chosen to be a celebrity and must be aware of the role model responsibilities, and public scrutiny that brings.

I don't think enough focus has been put on her agents, advisors, employers who should have known that she was not mentally strong enough for celebrity (as it has been said she has had mental health problems before ) and should have pulled her out of this profession.

TB

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Unfortunately celebrities can’t choose their media, they can’t say I only want the ones that are going to further my career, make me a lot of money and promote a positive persona.

It’s seems some understand that and lead a very private personal life and keep a very clean public one and draw a very distinct line between the two and some......... well they don’t.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information