1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Caron Fibre Bodywork. Paint, Graphics Or Leave As Is??

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mary Hinge, Nov 24, 2018.

1. This livery would rock! You’d have no probs with traffic

E50E38FC-9066-4807-9B58-6A5491A27E82.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Go full tosser and add this;
    upload_2018-12-19_19-33-17.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Thank goodness for the comma and it's lack of use here :thinkingface:

4. I'd go paint, something truly different. I had a hell of a time finding a place that could do good graphics and even then they were an arm and a leg. 5 different outfits all told me that paint would be the best finish + most bespoke.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That carbon is proper nice tho. I’d ride it in shorts just to feel the fibre rubbing on my inner thighs

6. That’s easy! If you have time and find a decent painter, graphics hand painted on. The difference between logos hand painted and just stickers really stands out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not sure where you are but can recommend a kid who is very good. He hand painted all the Tyco S1000RR race bikes until setting up on his own last year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. That gloss carbon looks amazing but personally I think a high quality paint job is the best option having lived with each over the last few years. You can't really tell in photos online but its the quality of finish that makes the difference and with top level paint jobs you get such a depth to the paint that nothing compares. Carbon has the bling factor and its a beautiful material but the finish doesn't look as nice imo. You only really see the design in these photos but this paint job was so much nicer than the bare carbon (not the tail as that was just vinyl)

9A937C8E-52D8-4C47-B47E-B829150A10E0.jpeg

34C1BB34-6484-471A-AF5D-7F249D14853D.jpeg

196EB250-0F51-4ACA-9A34-764FCD60CF50.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  9. Carbon is all go on a Ducati trackbike,just throw the bits scraped in the bin when crashed and buy new. Matching colors,waiting for painters to be ready and pay a fortune bla bla GETS YOU FRUSTRATED.
    That V4 looks bloody mean,nice work and nice £££ ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I have the race seat and can't fault it. It is a touch firmer but some of the negatives I have heard about it, for me at least, are not there and I have to say it's worth it for the looks alone.

Also be wary of graphics. I went this route and after a while I've reverted back to standard. Corners start to peel, edges come away and soon as the adhesive side becomes contaminated with dirt you can forget about it. It's not the same when polishing and cleaning it either........ just my experience

11. Thanks for the input. Think I'll go for a special paint job and stop dicking about. It's booked in for February.... Going in!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yeah, bit of a learning for me. Cost me in the region of £420 for the graphics which I have now removed....... ouch! And in hindsight, was over halfway there to of had it in paint!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. What you going for MH? let us in on it fella?? Race Rep? Or you own design?

14. 502B2DA1-51E2-4222-85F3-1F37D555E8D2.png
    I was thinking something along these lines...
    Not exactly this but I do like it. I really like the OE 1098R seat cowling with its gold line details.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah that works.... Nice! Perhaps a little more White. Looking forward to seeing it finished up:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information