1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Castle Combe Track Day

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by MADASL, May 3, 2018.

1. I have the same boots and shit myself about the laces and the chain. Wouldn't dare use them on a track but then, I am a Dad...

• Like Like x 1
  2. We're all dads on here and anyway, on that corner if the laces come undone you can just get off and re-tie them without losing much time!

3. If I were marshalling or instructing, I wouldn’t allow anyone on track with those on. And if I were riding, I wouldn’t want to wear them either.
    Perfect for the shops or a big of commuting, but hard fast riding??!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. You wouldn't have a choice me old china! The fact is they are certified for track use so that's that. You don't think I didn't do my homework first and just magically appear at the track with them and hope for the best did you?

5. Boots aren’t certified for track use. They may be CE marked but no way any acu day would let those anywhere near the track, other than walking around the paddock ;)

Your feet, your ankles, your choice :upyeah:

6. I'm pretty sure the camera doesn't lie. It's a long way back to Geneva though so I did have the foresight to check first, all of which is academic now as I won't be riding there again!

7. @Kingfixer I've had my v4 with that Akra can with the baffle tested at 93Db at 5500rpm... What is the ride by at CC? Its proper low isn't it?

8. I don't think there is a ride by. Their noise test info is on their web page.
    • Noise limit: STRICT 105 db(A), measured at ½ metre from the exhaust outlet at ¾ maximum revs

9. Yes, so what’s that on the Aprilia, 9k?!

10. Yeah about 9.5 I think... not tested mine to that so no idea what it would be but the Akra is quite quiet with the baffle in tbh.

11. Maybe those moaners and complainers that moved into the new houses next to the circuit should shut up, or move out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. All good - I have no issue with people not liking my preferences.

There are better tracks for bikes and I'm luck enough to be able to visit them many times a year mostly free of charge - no value for money issue.

Have fun where ever you ride.

13. First test at CC for the Aprilia at 10,000rpm was 115 db - after the baffle 105db so just passed - owner reports no real loss of go either but the power affect has not been tested on a dyno.

14. Interesting as I have the same Akra can and the baffle

15. I remember when the V4 first came out, and my mate Dallas had a new ti system custom made by AR. That was 118db at ACU regs, about 5500 revs at cadwell trackday Fmpsl

He still got out tho ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. 115!!! Wowsers!! .... must be the race system?? No cat etc?? ... I've got the same can (akra Aprilia) with the cat pipe on stock headers...

17. Fark!!! 118!... I've just got the AR GP1R and it's 108 ish without the baffle... 118 must be ridiculous!!! But in a good way.... the V4 sounds so good it needs a rude can I think

18. Cat fitted - standard headers, Akra end can. The normal ACU test is at 5500 rpm for these at which point they are whisper quiet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I took my first V4 up there with an AR end can on , standard pipes up to that point, it was 117db !! Though a friend of mine who races on a V4 gets on at CC , has some extra baffling in an AR can.

20. I was tempted to do it on my multi till I found out it wouldn't even pass with OEM system on.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information