1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cat D Value

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Nostromo, Apr 19, 2019.

1. I'd love a 1098 but it would be in a pine box after I get it home, I still get it in the neck for having 7 bikes over the past two years....

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ok I agree to that, however if the cat d is fully repaired as good as new when it probably had hardly any damage anywhere and it ticks every box for the buyer I think it’s more what someone is willing to pay for it

Put it this way I bought a cat d tt Quattro sport 87,000 miles has the recaros and in very good condition a lovely car in every way the difference to a non cat car does vary but I’d say less than 30% but I was ok with that as it was a big saving but was every bit as good and probably better than some at way more money, it’s a superb car, I have a guy in Germany who will give me good profit on the car right now, he might yet have it, the same car in Germany 22,000€ mine 7000€ and no cat d in Germany he would convert the car to left hand drive and keep

3. Generally how much do I need to deduct from a cat d?
    View attachment 152584 [/QUOTE]

If your buying look at getting 20% cheaper if your selling take 10% off.. people always haggle! A lot of people don't even bother stating it's had battle damage!

4. I would agree on the 20-30% but would not see it as rigid. I've bought cheap bikes before that have been in fantastic condition but something silly like a daft old twat in a car in a car park has nudged the bike sending it off he centre/side stand and it's gone down on the side.

What then saw it as a cat d was the cost of official parts and the repairers labour costs and not the damage to the bike if that makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Very much like mine, slow impact on the one side then pushed over onto the other, cost of fairings engine casings and mirrors etc added up

6. Trouble is, buyers want it cheap, sellers often want strong money despite either buying and repairing it cheap from insurance, or getting it cheap from a sale.

7. Had exactly this on my 848. Parked up outside the house and a neighbor knocked it. Fairing wasn't cracked, just a small scuff. Bar end had a tiny scuff. Clutch case had a tiny scuff. Termi had a tiny scuff.

CatD write off. Bought it back from the insurers for about 65% of its value and sold it on for about 75% without doing a thing about the marks.

8. I've noticed it actually states that vehicles are on the hit list on the log book now, so if it hasn't been claimed against it wont show unless you have a recent logbook or do some digging

Do Not Sell My Personal Information