1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Catalan Gp Spoiler

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, Jun 10, 2017.

1. There is actually so little comment that I have to look up Forums, then Racing and Bike Sport to find the new GP thread. You'd do a lot of scrolling in New Threads. Whatever. I don't care. I'm happy to discuss it with the few who are interested in Ducati's MotoGP campaign. Those who aren't can discuss something else.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm not sure Dovi has the steel that is needed to win the title. Then again, I not certain Nicky Hayden did but he still won it :upyeah:

#42 bradders, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not sure what thebsteelnthat is but it sounds like an alien bike racer sort of capability and Dovi is knocking on the door for it I reckon :)

#43 Monners, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. It's a good point. However there are a couple of things to mention:
    1. I think all racers, particularly at this level, have the self-belief to win a title. They have to believe that on equal machinery, they would win. Does Dovi think that Marquez is better than him? I doubt it.

2. The Ducati might just be a better bike, or a better bike at more circuits than the opposition. That could boost his chances.

3. Dovi doesn't fall off much, when he isn't being torpedoed by other racers. That can be a big advantage in a title race.

4. He could be continually motivated by the desire to beat JLo. He might consider that that is all he has to do. As JLo improves, the consequence might be a title-winning position.

It is interesting that the Hondas were nowhere in Italy, and the Yams nowhere in Catalonia. So both must have Achilles heels. It now seems to be a pretty level playing field bike-wise. The Ducati has its strengths and weaknesses, but on balance is perhaps as good a package as its rivals.

5. Don't think it's a skill, it's a risk thing. One of the reasons he doesn't fall off.

Ianonne however.....

6. I know this is a Ducati forum, and I ride a Ducati, but this brand loyalty to MotoGP strikes me as strange, surely we want a good season of close racing and a tight championship above all else, regardless of Ducati winning ? Sure, it would be nice to see Dovi do well, rather than the usual aliens, but above all, don't we just want a great seasons racing ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Being a racing fan, I'll take tight where anyone can win every time. But would like to see Rossi as champion:)

As like my as it's not jlo...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'm hoping ducati have 'found something' or Dovi has at last found his mojo with the bike. Up til now he's never really made the grade but racing is a lot about confidence and feel and 2 wins should boost his confidence sky high. With honda and yamaha struggling at some tracks he has a real chance for the championship which I would love to see him win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I dont mind who wins as long as it isnt MM. If Dovi took it, that'd be ace. Even Danny would be good too. Theyre all hero's.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information