1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cbf125

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by comfysofa, Mar 16, 2019.

1. My additional wiring is working also... Phone USB mount live along with the heated grips...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just the hid to work out...

3. Well, its a bike...it can travel....its a commuter so gets used in the winter...why not...one of these things that most people wouldnt do but seeing as weve got it apart this much..may as well, it was my thinking that if its all more integrated then its going to be more reliable...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ime, brownie points have zero shelf life, so not wasted.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yep. . I'm on borrowed time.... Well... It starts... Just the final push now...

20190409_195231.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  6. Well.... Its gone... The last few hours was spent sorting out a few niggles. But, there's still a few things to be done... Cable tidying etc etc which he will do. Initial reports from the few test rides from him were all positive .. Handles more power, all the lights working and nice and bright, smoother to ride, steering is good... I'll get a pic tomorrow in work in the light...

• Like Like x 10
  7. Delighted to see this finished but gutted that my favourite build thread on the forum is coming to an end :sob:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Im genuinely surprised with all the 150bhp plus machines on here...theres still a fair bit to be done, paneling and the like but he will be doing that. The main thing is theres a decent bike at the heart of it now to build on and improve...

• Like Like x 8
  9. Well done that man. :) :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. 3 cheers for ComfySofa, hip hip ......:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. seems an awful lot of effort just to get your pizza delivered a bit quicker :D

Well done sir, it's been an interesting read.

12. What they said Good one!

13. Well Done Comfy... for supporting a young lad... helping him out and making his bike safer...

You a a Gentleman and quite a good mechanic by the seems of it.

I hope he at least buys you a beer as a thank you....

GREAT JOB!!

What was the final costs all in.. excluding the labour?

14. Cheers gents - (its just arrived at work). Costs: Well, kinda not done yet as it were.....initial costs were 280 for the coating, 400 for the replacement motor and id rough guess....less than 50 for spares (gaskets, cables, odd nuts and bolts that were custom to the bike). But, we still have a failed engine so....were gonna sort that one out (crank and rod on the bay for 150) coat the engine rebuild and it put it back in, then, flog the replacement engine on. That way he'll get a little bit of a return on that and, have a pristine engine back in the bike which would help on the resale. Ill take a pic in a bit.

As for being a good mechanic....i would class myself as....moderately competant....watching Ducati john systematically reduce my Hypermotard engine to it component pieces in less than 2 hours i thought....I am, a fucking idiot in the scheme of things...!

#174 comfysofa, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. My mates just gone and rushed into buying a shagged Yam 125r as he got all excited after getting his CBT.

I can bring it down Saturday if that's good for you?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. i think if any other 2 wheeled modes of transport apart from my own turned up at my house, my wife would stab me....

#176 comfysofa, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Well done Comfysofa, very impressive, 3 weeks from start to finish, and I still haven't got round to sorting my loose handlebar grip.
    Thanks for a very interesting thread, and I'm sure what goes around will come around. You're a fine fellow indeed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Cheers. Very satisfying to make good something that could easily have been scrapped or broken for spares... Just nipped out to take.a pic...
    20190410_092651.jpg

• Like Like x 13
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Well done looks absolutely fab very disappointed that this thread is now over

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information