1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre Stand/lift

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Carr01, Nov 29, 2020.

1. I much prefer the herringbone pattern.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. this has turned into a right nail-biter. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I used to own the Monster version, It was OK, easy to use. I sold it when I bought my ABBA stand.

4. Parquet?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I take it you had all the raw materials before you made it Al ? Plus we are riddled with woodworm down here .:upyeah:

6. I had to buy the angle brackets for the front stand and the threaded rod, nuts, bolts and washers for both.
    The 4 x 2 for the front I did have....luckily it was pressure treated.
    The metal angle for the rear stand were the two long side pieces from an old bed frame.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. That's the kiddie:upyeah:,but it was more a play on words from me.

8. 3E45D128-0FFE-4F15-B512-B971D2107872.jpeg 579121D3-C513-47E2-8ED9-FA34039023D5.jpeg
    Hey presto, and bobs your uncle !

Not quite what I’d hoped for as it doesn’t enable you to rock it back and lift the front wheel
    Oh well, it looks nice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Basically it's a add on centre stand for the rear wheel / chain maintenance.

10. Basically yes.
    The paddock stand would always snag on the rear sprocket nut heads preventing the wheel from rotating.
    Chain maintenance and wheel cleaning will be a whole lot easier.

#32 Carr01, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Good luck and when are you painting it yellow.;)

12. Thanks but I quite like it as it is, bright steel finish.

13. I meant the 900ss.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Really, you’re far too quick for me!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. So it didn't go over your head then.:upyeah:

16. Looks a lot better than the box of Meccano bits it looked like off the bike! Good stuff:upyeah:
    I've still got my homemade Abba-style stand for my long-gone SS. Took me an afternoon to cut, weld up & paint. Very satisfying when you have the equipment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I use a block and tackle hung from a beam in my workshop for both my bikes. I secure it to the bike with ropes tied either forward or aft on the chassis depending whether I want the front or rear wheel off the ground. The anchor points for the foot pegs are good strong points for the rear and the fork yokes are good for the front. My bikes are naked but a faired bike would be more difficult.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bought a Constand a few weeks back. Wheels off the ground. Easy to move around. For security I put a big zip tie on so there os no way it can come off the pins. So a few pennies each time the stand is used and very happy. 20201217_155142.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information