1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Certificate Of Conformity?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by DRR117, Oct 25, 2017.

1. I only hope that Portugal are more lenient than GOV.UK (DVLA) here when it comes to documentation vetting as they insisted that the C.of C. actually include the wording to confirm that headlights were suitable for U.K. roads regardless of my headlamp having a universal/symmetrical dip pattern. For me it was Ducati Italy who pulled out all the stops and created an amended C.of C. for me in under two weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 50 quid to get a computer to print an A4 copy of something stored on a hard drive ... ?methinks the manufacturers are extracting the urine squire......

3. No. Me thinks Ducati are taking the piss...any surprise there?!

4. That is a load of B0llocks then because a European CofC has designated boxes with designated information in them and none of those boxes include headlight dip direction information.

5. I agree, I even phoned to get them to confirm above to me in person, unfortunately all of us are still at the mercy of bureaucrats. I had already waited over eight months to use the motorbike so I just “complied”.

6. No they are a hard copy (one only option) if lost you cannot get a replacement

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. There is such a thing as a copy C of C so that's not true - we send them at work if they go astray...

8. I talked to bmw today cos I couldn’t get through to Ducati they said it’ll take 2-3 months to get a coc for my wife’s bike.... no mention of cost, yet.....

9. Stating the obvious but what a ridiculous situation

10. Yep

11. The alternative is you can go thru the process of as if it was a new build, so you have to have a load of extra DVLA related tests which cost a few quid. Although it sounds a right PITA and glad I didn't need to do it now myself

12. The alternative is you can go thru the process of as if it was a new build, so you have to have a load of extra DVLA related tests which cost a few quid. Although it sounds a right PITA and glad I didn't need to do it now myself

13. Just got an email from BMW asking that I fill in a request form & “post it” yep that’s correct, post it back to them!!!
    Along with proof & £120 admin fee.
    Let’s see what Ducati come back with probably the same now...
    Aren’t these things meant to be feckin free????????

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. done this many times importing UK cars into Germany, as they use the COC as Data for the initial test scope date, weight size etc as a local version of a V5 or log book is generated post inspection.
    I have bought new from Ducati Germany over the years and you get a copy of the CoC in the paperwork package when you pick up the bike, but as stated, an official stamped copy is about 50-75 euros depending on dealer and you normally have to show passport or some ownership evidence (bill of sale or Invoice) before they will send one out

15. recently imported a hypermotard and scrambler to uk from hong kong. went to hk dealership to pick up the 2 C0C's. 1 foot pile of A4 of every bike they had sold over last 10 years. took 3 of us an hour and only found the hyper CoC. the scrambler one had been given to hk gov testing station for type approval in hk. not able to recover from hk gov, dealers came back and said cannot replace it! waiting for reply from ducati italy. so the hyper CoC has no mention of light position (left or right hand drive) and speedo units, these are the 2 bits of info required from CoC. spoke to DVLC in uk, so for uk registering, i can use the hyper CoC and arrange a 'partial inspection' (speedo and lights) then get it registered. the scrambler requires full inspection, including noise and emission testing. not had time yet to arrange these. lots of info on line including a list of the approved testing stations.

16. Chris this is a red herring as a European CofC does not exist for any bike that is supplied outside of the European market.
    The fact that it requires further inspection (even partial) is evidence of that as the Euro CofC would cover everything that needs inspection.

17. Got an email from Ducati today asking that I give them a ring, pay them 50 quid & they’ll sort the CoC out for the Multi. Looks like the free days are over, but at least they’re 70 quid cheaper than zee Germans.....

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Personally I think this is very poor service from Ducati. They should be glad we are buying their bikes, parts and labour plus accessories. Not gauging people £70 for a piece of paper.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Okay so phoned em today & paid my 50 quid & they say it’s in the post.
    There is something fundamentally wrong with this whole system. Any bike manufactured in Europe should be able to be registered in any country in Europe. So why are we having to pay for a certificate to be supplied from an Italian manufacturer for a bike registered in the uk to be then re-registered in France.
    It all seems to be a rip off for the consumer & a way for the manufacturers to make a few quid.
    It’s not just france either, my mate has all sorts of bother with bikes being shipped from Italy then being registered with the dvla.
    Complete rubbish & to my mind in violation of all the free trade/border stuff! well, at least until we leave the EU.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information