1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Chain Adjustment ( With Pic )

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steve m, May 29, 2016.

1. Because 999 owners generally know how to set their tension without? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Good point!
    Much more plausible than the idea that adventure bikes are more likely to need adjusting away from home...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The good news is that in 15000 miles on my current chain it has only needed little adjustments 3 times, so a very rarely used tool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wow, I have to tension mine all the time, I put it down to the torque and riding it like a sportsbike.

5. I ride it like a sportsbike too.

6. Then my chain is made of cheese :(

7. Afam has been the best i have used , previous chains were various DID qualities, and unbranded ones. Not too much difference between non branded and cheaper DID. Afam by far needing much less adjustment with fewer tight spots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Cheers Michel, noted for when the time comes

9. With reference to an adjustment measuring tool; a piece of large cable-tie cut to the required length is a free and handy alternative to using a ruler which can be difficult to read whilst stooped down beside your bike. Fits nicely into the tool kit and is so easy to make.

• Like Like x 1
  10. One on the left from 1200 DVT the other on right from 1260 DVT IMG_0537.JPG

11. Its not hard to bend down & put a ruler up to the swing arm & measure 38 to 40 mm. I have measured this with bike on side stand as book, on centre stand & on paddock stand & always the same so don,t strain your back with side stand. Just bang it on centre stand & measure. Oil level is easier to read too. 7000 miles now & adjusted chain twice. &&&& i thrash it.

12. Its not hard to bend down & put a ruler up to the swing arm & measure 38 to 40 mm. I have measured this with bike on side stand as book, on centre stand & on paddock stand & always the same so don,t strain your back with side stand. Just bang it on centre stand & measure. Oil level is easier to read too. 7000 miles now & adjusted chain twice. &&&& i thrash it.

13. where do you get the adjustment tool from?

14. WH Smith sells rulers..... in plastic and steel

15. Actually, it is hard if you are long-sighted and wear varifocals.
    If you bend down and look, you find yourself looking through the top part of the lenses, which is the distance section, so all is blurry.
    Not a problem if you are using a pre-measured block or whatever but a big problem if you are trying to read tiny increments on a ruler.

• Agree Agree x 1

16. They also sell pens and paper, but not much use if you want to adjust your chain :bucktooth:

17. sorry, the tool to tighten the chain not measure it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information