1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chain And Sprockets For 848 Sf (stupid Question)

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Steviejay, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Hey there, just noticed that 2 of my bolts holding the rear sprocket on actually turn, ie the whole thing, the bolt and the nut all turn as well as the cush drive rubber at the back and has play in them.

I can't tighten the nut up because the bolt just turns too?

So looks like it needs 2 new cush drive rubbers so booking it in.

My question is that my chain and sprockets look minging and this salty road stuff has made it rust a bit, I am thinking if my local bike dude is sorting the cush drive I may as well drop of a new set of sprockets and a chain.

So is the chain and sprockets on our SF's the same as the 848 EVO and normal 848?

If it is I can search on ebay and have more of a selection to look at.

Also any advice on any changes, I just ride twisties and dual carriageways, no track stuff, just normal riding.

Thanks, your help on this is really appreciated guys.

2. Right then in the name of always putting a solution to a question I have had some help from the Ducati FB forum, and the nuts can be tightened up on the sprocket but need an Allen Key in the back of it.
    This can be done if you rotate the wheel and put the nut on the bottom or lowest location as you rotate the wheel, you can slip the allen Key in there to get a grip and hold the Cush Drive and Bolt, you can then tighten the bolt up on the other side and it is done.

No need to remove the sprocket at all, its a bit tight in there but was sorted in under 5 minutes.

Hope this helps someone else some day.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sure you can get the Allen key in? On a multi the sprocket and carrier have to come off via the big 55mm nut to get the bolts off.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 1000% because I did it buddy!!

You have to rotate the wheel but you can see the cush drive and access it with the allen key.

Now if you had to replace it then the sprocket would have to come off as it wouldn't have to room to be removed while fitted but you can Deffo tighten them up when they spin by the method above it's a squeeze but easy to do buddy

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information