1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chain Break Down

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kenneth Lundgren, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Hello friends

I went for a longer trip today and I have a chain break down, the lock loosened and I have to take a towing truck.

I will buy a new chain to replace it, but do I have to change the cogwheel to?

The cogwheel on bike seems ok now without major wear down.

2. The front sprocket usually hooks first & that's well worth checking & literally £40 to replace. Might be worth doing it to make the new chain last. What mileage has the current sprockets got on them? How long did the chain last?

Highly recommend D.I.D 530 ZVMX (114link for multi-enduro) 116link for normal multi I believe from memory.

[​IMG]

Image shows; Hooked old & new sprocket side by side. With new version for multi (red sound reducing thingie) fitted. Worth getting new 1260 sprocket is my recommendation'

ps: Front sprocket locking washer did get bent over after this image was taken.

#2 GunZenBomZ, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  3. Mileage I do not know, I recently bought the bike. But I think it will be the best to change the hole package. The bike have a diffuse history so I will went over the engine in time.
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Buy a set, front & rear sprocket & chain Ken, at least then you know what’s what for the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information