1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chain Lube

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by James85, Jun 30, 2021.

1. 2D135D99-0100-4A29-A7F0-99D8387F978A.jpeg All clean and ready to go. What chain lube are people using. I’ve been using chain monkey for a while but find it splashes everywhere, even when I wipe off the excess.

2. I just use gear oil on mine, clean it down with Paraffin on a rag and then wipe it over with gear oil after every ride.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Don’t lube it, and change it every season :) I use s100, stays on the chain, just minor grease that will come off, and grease it after the ride when the chain is warm. that’s it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dry lube is best for 'splash', but the splash is easy to get off the underside/wheel/cowl. Bit of WD-40 before you give it a wash.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Muc off chain cleaner, blow the chain dry with an air line followed by Wurth dry chain lube, keeps the chain looking like it's just been fitted, I can't stand black, dirty chains and sprockets.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sticky lube..the way to go...said the actress to the bishop.

(I use ipone or wd chain lube)

7. this is informative, maybe pseudoscience, who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wurth Dry.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Does anyone else who uses Würth Dry get comments from others at bike meets along the lines of ‘you want to put some oil on that chain mate’.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. No.
    Only cos I’m antisocial.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I use Profi Dry Lube. I love it. Chains are immaculate and shiny. You just have to lube the chain a little more often than with your standard grease especially if you ride a lot on wet roads.

And you do get a lot of « Don’t you lube your chain, mate? » comments...

https://probike.co.uk/mot-service/transmission/profi-dry-lube

• Like Like x 1
  12. Used Wurth for years, come rain or shine, trackdays, road never had any issues.

13. I’ve ordered some wurth dry to try

• Like Like x 3
  14. Another using Wurth

• Like Like x 3
  15. I didn't think anyone still used the greasy sh*te anymore. Dry lube for the win!

• Like Like x 1
  16. +1 for Wurth. Seeing the ref to the fortnine vid, his one on chain cleaner, I can confirm the ipone stuff that wins his test is mega

• Like Like x 1
  17. I use Wurth ....and I sometimes wonder if I've put enough on .........half a can later ...:thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. This is exactly what have I have always done.
    Forget all the other products.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. all the ipone products are really good... developed by genuine motorcyclists.

20. Not unless they want to be swore at.:mad::mad::mad::triumph::triumph:

I also don’t use Wurth products, their Originals are crap as sweets too.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information