1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chas Davis Statement...wow!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, May 4, 2017.

1. When things don't go his way he does seem to sulk like a child

2. Say what?
    I posted: "Chas's statement seems to be coherent and well-drafted. Either he is impressively articulate and clear-thinking ... or somebody else drafted it on his behalf. I wonder which?"
    How on earth did you manage to derive "... not worthy ... cheap shot ... twatish ..." from that perfectly straightforward post, which simply says what it means and means what it says?

I really don't know whether leading racers actually draft their own statements, or if they employ advisers to draft for them. If you happen to know the answer, perhaps you would share with us.

3. I had a chat with Chaz at a pre-WSB hospitality event a couple of years ago.
    I must say that he did very much come across as impressively articulate and clear-thinking.
    And a thoroughly nice guy too.

I've long been a fan of Rae's riding, since his early days in BSB.
    I had him down as a fairly decent guy too, tbh.
    I don't like to think that his actions were intentional, but they were clearly wrong, potentially dangerous and he should (does ?) know better.
    The grid forfeit seems to confirm that race control thought likewise.
    I fancy that an immediate apology would have sorted things out but the lack of one does suggest a certain arrogance.
    It does also make you wonder if it was intentional after all.

4. Chaz's pa is one of my mates nephews and I can 100% guarantee he did not write it, my money is on Chaz wrote it.

5. As it happens, and i'm sure you wont be suprised to learn i have no knowledge what so ever either way. The difference is that i accept that he is an honest chap and did indeed write his own statement.
    It is my belief that you meant your comment to appear exactly as i have interpreted it. That is that it implied the alternative explanation you put forward.

6. "Honest"? There is nothing remotely dishonest about using the services of an adviser to draft public statements. When I was working as an adviser I have myself drafted public statements many times. I also accept that Chaz is an honest chap, and I have never implied otherwise.

Your posts about what you imagine to be my motives are becoming increasingly bizarre, confused, and mystifying. Take it easy and keep well @Desmoboy .

7. And now Rae's mauvaise foi has seeped into the forum thread...

8. Jeez. Put your handbags away boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Good Lord bradders, I rather thought that I was the only one who viewed the Donnington incident like that! He's done a few blatant things in the past and it's high time he got a rap across the knuckles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Times New Roman... I rest my case...

11. FWIW, I interpreted it the same way. I must have an equally fertile imagination...

12. Is that like Pate de foie ?

13. Me too :upyeah:

14. Moi aussi... or I don't really see the point of the comment.
    I also notice that Davies makes an attempt to speak Italian, which by Brit racer standards, is pretty enterprising of him. We take it for granted that foreign racers give interviews in English, even when they are still in their teens, but for some reason it still seems exceptional for a British rider to muster more than his native tongue. Fair play to him. Grazie, arriverderci, pizza.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Almost identical.
    But less tasty.

16. And seemed to do it very well, at least as well as Rossi when interviewed does English. He's a top pro, no doubt :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. That was my view and the reason for my interpretation.

18. Been reading old press on the famous dressing gown 'handbags' between Foggy and Frankie. Good to see the passion coming back to racing. Humans after all.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information