1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Cheap 899 Pani

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by RC1, Aug 13, 2018.

1. actually its not that cheap is it

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. When they hit £6995 Ono they are getting cheap :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. There is an ex tri options on motorforum for 5500. That’s more like cheap....

Must admit, amazed at the prices being asked for 899. A 5 yr old bike and they want 8k?!

Bed had trouble selling her mint ex race bike, with thousands of work spent, for 7k!

If I could find a road bike, sub 10k miles, for 7k I’d be very tempted to buy one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. They always do it, drop in the cat d way down the mega description, one key that'll be cheap then, the way that's heading I bet you could get a non cat one in a few weeks.

That will go abroad, my Audi is cat d been offered over the asking price by some distance from Germany and Belgium respectively, uk write offs are not shown in Europe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. My old 848 is for sale in holland, cat d unibat colours, front and rear camera mounts from track use still stuck on, scuffs here and there, probably unserviced after I sold it, rite bike in Bradford sold it to a Dutch dealer last I saw €6300 in holland, someone will buy that with no idea of its history although to be fair I really looked after it for 3 years.

6. The 899 prices seem to be relatively stable.
    Haven't changed much in the last 12 months, that I have been watching.

That said, they don't all sell that quickly. With many listed for quite a while. So it is quite hard to judge the demand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I keep looking, wonder if they'll be bother in the longer run? No belts but lots of electronics. More or less hassle than 999s?

8. Lots hitting 12-14k and needing a big service too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. so 848 evo corse se vs 899 pani?

10. One rides like an old stylee Ducati and the other is more Japanese and smoother.

How do I know? I’ve had them both.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pani far easier to ride fast, which is saying something as an 848 is very easy t9 start with (once you sort suspension so it turns)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. my banana rides like a tractor but thats because i drive it like a farmer

with half an eye on residuals i reckon the blingy 848 might be money good long run?

13. I bought a pearl white 3 year old 848 cannot remember the mileage but was probably 5 or 6k it cost me £6600 or £6300, without searching I would say 7 years on a 5 to 6k mile tidy 848 would command 5.5k? I reckon, I think 848's are a fantastic buy

14. thats what i think too but im wondering especially about the premium of the blingy corse evo se over the base model... they go for about 8-9 whereas a base can be had for around 6-7

15. Better spec. Worth it in my opinion

16. you could bring a base upto the same spec and have track day money left and some change for wotsits at tuck shop

17. I’d disagree with SE being worth it. For the extra, you can get a decent slipper clutch and (if you have to) QS and TTx shock. If you are careful and find used, you could get the forks done too. Nothing in it power wise.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information