1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Cheap 899 Pani

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by RC1, Aug 13, 2018.

1. And you have to fit it all. And whether you get someone to do it or you do it yourself there’s a cost to that which you have to consider/factor in.

2. Other than clutch rest is simple self fit. Even a few hours with a local non Ducati mechanic would be cheaper.

SE is great looking, second only to the 1198 corse imho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ducati’s are a weird model with a stranger buying fraternity. New ones are expensive, then seem to drop like a stone in value at first only for certain models, based on little discernible rationale seem to be resurgent and start commanding silly money.

Take the Streetfighter for example, mad money for a bike that is a bit if a dog out of the box that needs a fair bit of fettling to sort. They are similar in price to an early Diavel, which is twice the bike.

The 899 is streets ahead of the 848, yet there can be barely a grand to 1509 across the two, mental really . . .

4. 110 % agree
    The standard suspenders on my 848 were cringeworthy.
    My mv will lick along at a fair ol pace and steer beautifully whereas the 848 was always heading for a dry stone wall until sorted

5. FWIW, I was in an awning with someone at the weekend who had his 959 cause him problems. He wheeled out his old 848 so he didn't waste his entry fees. It looked good straight out of the van once the cobwebs were blown off. He'd not ridden it for three years but one session to get the bars in the right place (someone else had ridden it) and sort the five year old tyres out he came in grinning. I have raced the 899, 959 and in Valencia two years ago I rode a sorted 848. If you want a twin buy a ***8. I am a KTM man by definition but if I was to by another twin cylinder machine it would be one of the older Ducatis. Don't get me wrong I am faster than I've ever been on a 959 and they are brilliant machines but they just aren't a twin cylinder thumper in my eyes. As with most stuff bike related it is all relative to your ability, taste and ultimately the usage of said machine. If you just want to ride on the road then most modern bikes are more than enough straight out of the crate. If you want to do track days then you'll need to start going a bit deeper but generally showroom machines these days are very capable in the right hands.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. It must be hard for a manufactures to cater for every person on earth so they have to draw a middle line somewhere.
    What I find funny though is how different countries have different spec bikes.
    My background is mainly motocross and the difference between American Ktm and European is quite vast.
    They have extra shock length and totally different fork valving.
    This is the same with road bikes of sorts.
    It proves that the manufacturer did make an effort to cater to its customers imdiviadual requirements to a degree.
    It would be impossible to have one bike fits all in any discipline of two wheeled frolics.
    My 848 did feel terrible
    Though as standard but didn’t take much
    To bring her round.
    It was like driving a 3 litre Capri before the mods lol

7. Trouble with 848 (may be more than a 1098 too) was the front and rear cant be matched. At 20st, the rear was OK for me, and front way too soft. Whatever you're weight, you need to move one end or the other, they can never match.

8. This picture explains what the 848 felt like standard lol

70002F14-AFC0-4876-AE7D-62A1FE738031.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information