1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheers Everyone, From Lyon, France

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Guillaume69, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Bonjour Guillaume!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Salut Guillaume!

I would like to pass on gratitude for the way Les Bleus beat Ireland last week...excellent game and kind of them to do so to allow England to win the 6 Nations.

#23 RickyX, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You're only jealous because both France and Ireland have a national anthem and England doesn't. :laughing::laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  4. @ducati dad
    Got it, didn’t have the cultural reference, sorry. Well, let me tell you this: no tea houses in my area. But many wineries !

5. @RickyX
    Yup, this is how things ended. We did rely on a strong Italian team to beat England up, but that was a rather poor strategy...

Our consolation prize: France beat the tournament winner this year, and got the same amount of points in the end (18). Not so long ago, it would have meant 1st place.

We have a new event starting soon (autumn cup?). Fight’s on!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Welcome Guillaume, fantastic part of the world you live and ride in. I try to visit France at least once a year, had to cancel plans for 2020 but hoping to make it across to Corsica next September (my booked ferry crossings deferred until then).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bonjour!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Welcome along

• Like Like x 1
  9. Great intro ,welcome to the forum :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hello! Such a beautiful collection!

11. Hi Guillaume, I know the area well having lived for 15 years in Saint Bonnet De Cray, a small hamlet right on the very Southern tip of Saone et Loire region and very close to Roanne. I love my life there and riding my Ducati's around some of the most wonderful roads and still have many good friends in the area. Attached is a pic of my last one before heading back to the UK for work reasons.. I sold my 748R funnily enough to a Brit who lived in Dijon.. Welcome..

DSC_0793.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Great pic of a yellow 748R. So stunning I can barely see the car behind it. Is it a Renault?

Saint Bonnet De Cray is 30 miles from where I live so you know my backyard very well. Amazing roads to ride a bike.

When did you head back to the UK?

13. Hi Guillaume et aussi bienvenue!

If you are down Paca way, give me a shout. I'm from Newcastle, but been living here for 15 years, got three Ducats and a KTM and have been tearing up the Verdon for a good while..great roads!

Cheers
    Grant

14. Just missed the Gorge a few months back (though have done it a few times) but did manage the D955 along lac de Castillon then east on the N202, D2202 and Gorge de Daluis. Brilliant roads in your area, though not too bad here in 19!
    Plan on revisiting the Vercors national parc too, as missed the Col de la machine due to a wrong turn on sat nav:(

Been here just over two years but previously lived just south of Newcastle near Consett.

Good biking weather this week. Shame about the confinement.

15. I was out on the new one yesterday. Had an appointment at the prefecture in Perigueux, a legal reason to go out on the bike, but got lost on the way back home for 90 kms. :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. @The Royal Maharaja
    Wildo. I know a bunch of old Ducatistas down the coast, near le Castellet. Very nice and experienced crew. Hard to follow as well, those old farts know how to handle their bikes!
    Where abouts in PACA do you live? I spent 7 years in Orange and this is where I started riding bikes. The roads up le Mont Ventoux are incredible. Like an old race track or something.

D63F873B-E806-4029-81AE-C348B7163C99.jpeg

@J biker
    If you go back to le Vercors, try to access by the southern edge, from the city of Die. There’s that road, D518, that climbs northbound through le Col du Rousset and up onto the plateaux. Amazing ride too!

74C855C0-2CA9-4CE9-A6D2-A59EC624793C.jpeg

@Bob T
    Yeah, isn’t that funny how I tend to get lost on the way back home from work these days? Fall has gifted us with some exceptional weather this year again. Too bad we can’t fully enjoy it.

#37 Guillaume69, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  17. D518
    Yes, we came down that one! Stopped part way down to enjoy the view and had some great entertainment watching some locals who knew the road coming past. Esp the R1 rider (with pillion!) with the back end moving around braking for the corner, with several others “trying” to catch up. :astonished:

18. I actually live just 15 mins from the Le Castellet circuit..put me in touch with the Ducatistas as always looking to meet new passionate people!
    Cheers Grant

19. The pillion is supposed to help the rear stay in contact with the road!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information