1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheers Everyone, From Lyon, France

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Guillaume69, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Yes!

The rider was going up the hill also!!

Either a competent racer or very lucky....

2. This road is known for being much better uphill, as a matter of fact.

As for the crowd that uses it to road race, not the kind of bikers I like hanging around with. To paraphrase an Air Force saying about pilots: there’s no good biker. Just old bikers. Those who survived.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Excuse me?

• Like Like x 1
  4. As I said England do not have a national anthem. God save the queen is the UK national anthem, not the English anthem, but what are you saving her from?
    Jerusalem is just a bit of music and Swing Low is a an old slavery song..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Your blood has clearly frozen in your veins :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Welcome! We sound very similar. I am also in the Air Force and love Rugby. I’ve worked with you guys many times and it’s always a pleasure. Let me know if you’re back in the UK and stop by for a visit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wildo Rob!

Hope this thread didn’t trigger some kind of sovereignty crisis! All I know is that God save the Queen sounds beautiful in a Rugby Stadium, as does Swing low, notwithstanding the history behind it.

I also like the Human Traffic interpretation of God save the Queen.

What a movie!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. The French, the Jacobites, the Scots, and the Pope in various verses not always sung these days.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. I accepted the Queens shilling many years ago, after 28 years with the RAF I moved to France and then noticed that, as far as the queen is concerned, I had been conned. I am now a Republican and believe that the monarchy should be retired for good.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  10. Guillaume le Conquerant !

Every time I hear the name Guillaume I always think the rest ! Anyway welcome.

Have they put the speed limits back to 90 kmh yet ?

Took some windy roads in the Massive Central and there were speed cameras everywhere - tuned to the new 80 kmh limit. Not been back to France since.

One for you @Bob T

Saw this on the TV one morning, on my way through France to the Assen TT - went down for breakfast at the Hotel .......took a picture of it.

A la peche de moules moules moules..........:D

Brexit day on French TV resize.JPG

11. Guys,

Would you mind keeping this a simple presentation thread of a new member?

I think I read somewhere that there is a lounge speaker corner, if you want to throw rocks at each others.

Please?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. We sold up in late 2018, I had already started working back in the UK from the start of that year. I remember the drive back from there via the ferry and back to Inveruire, just north of Aberdeen. THere was me, the two kids and two labs, we did in 24hrs straight.. It damned near killed me..

13. Oh that’s north of Northern UK indeed!
    My wife and I would really love to visit Scotland one of these days.

14. Of course, forgive my bad manners.

I do miss going to France ( l'hexagone !) - not been for two years now.

I saw these guys play - Biscarrose Plage I think it was. I can understand bits of the song but my French is not good enough to understand it all as it is being sung - great they were !! hope it is not too rude !

A little music from the Hexagon... :cool:

15. Biscarosse plage was my hang out when I was a surfing teenager. Fantastic memories of both surf and girls. Music was definitely part of it!

I have never listened to the « Seven salty feet » before. But I will and let you know how rude they are.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information