1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chernobyl

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, May 21, 2019.

1. I have seen previous ones and fascinating stuff:upyeah:
    oh yeah,,,love the yellow happy summer lid:sun::upyeah:

2. I think I’ve watched 3 episodes, REALLY enjoying it. I have to say though, Netflix has some cracking content these days! I watched the Highwaymen the other day with Kevin Costner and woody Harleson and it was fantastic

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Great programme Chernobyl. I do feel sorry for all those affected though, couldn't be a nice way to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'd fancy that myself, but I'm worried my hair will fall out. :thinkingface:......................Oh, errr, hang on a minute. :no_mouth:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Or your head might grow really big and your helmets could be collected all over again :):upyeah:

6. Bonus! :) :upyeah: (or just borrow yours :D)

7. L ? Tight squeeze though :thinkingface:

8. :thinkingface:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. You bastid, I didn't know you had found one of those :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Its a great series. I'll be watching Ep3 tonight. Brilliant how they can instill tension despite us all knowing whats going to happen or has happened. Terrific acting all round.

Those brave selfless people who did what they did are something to admire.

I wouldnt go anywhere near the place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I suppose it's not dangerous enough for you, coming from South London. :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. We all know the story, but I think the thing many people don't realise is the personal sacrifice all those selfless people made to try and contain the disaster in a country where they would be no reward or even acknowledgement for their heroic acts. If it had happened in this country, there would have been the second explosion and we and much of the northern hemisphere would all be dead, because it happened on weekend when no one wants to work and dying to save millions of lives isn't in anyone's contract of employment and we would have been bogged down with elf and safety.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. This young lady gripped my imagination when the internet first started (well for me)...
    Great story...
    [​IMG]

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/
    Ghost Town - Introduction
    My name is Elena. I run this website and I don't have anything to sell. What I do have is my motorbike and the absolute freedom to ride it wherever curiosity and the speed demon take me.

This page is maintained by the author, but when internet traffic is heavy it may be down occasionally.

[​IMG]

Biking

I have ridden all my life and over the years I have owned several different motorbikes. I ended my search for a perfect bike with a big kawasaki ninja, that boasts a mature 147 horse power, some serious bark, is fast as a bullet and comfortable for a long trips. here is more about my motorcycle

I travel a lot and one of my favorite destinations leads North from Kiev, towards so called Chernobyl "dead zone", which is 130kms from my home. Why my favorite? Because one can take long rides there on empty roads.

The people there all left and nature is blooming. There are beautiful woods and lakes.

In places where roads have not been travelled by trucks or army vehicles, they are in the same condition they were 20 years ago - except for an occasional blade of grass that discovered a crack to spring through. Time does not ruin roads, so they may stay this way until they can be opened to normal traffic again........ a few centuries from now.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. I fully admire the very brave people and the actions they took and find the series compelling and gripping and sad.
    I do however believe that the Soviet leadership were mainly trying to save face in the international community and their own arses when they ordered so much to be thrown at it to avoid the potential thermonuclear explosion.
    Jus sayin, like.

15. The consequences of the possibe 2nd explosion are too horrific to imagine.

I think a lot of blame was apportioned after the accident, but there were a great many heroes who will never be known that paid the greatest sacrifice for the greater good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Communisim. It only extends down to normal people in time of crisis, it would seem. How many of "The Party" would have been anywhere near the site of the accident at any point afterwards? :rolleyes:

17. Interesting that Plutonium-239 has a half life of 24,000 years, said on last night's show. :thinkingface:

The only element known to have a longer half life is Theresa May apparently. o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Just watched episode 3, seriously loving this show!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I'd always thought that drowning would be the worst way to die, until I saw this episode. :worried:

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information