1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chernobyl

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, May 21, 2019.

1. Not a nice way to go!!

2. Makes ebola look positively tame by comparison. I always thought being burnt alive was the worst. At least its quick.

Got to tip your hat to those selfless miners and engineers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Once you get over the "Panic" drowning is quite a peaceful way to go, drowned properly once, brought back by CPR, drowned to unconsciousness 2 other times, still can't swim so nowadays I just stay away from deep water.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Yep, genuinely gagged when I saw the guy in his last moments, absolutely grim...

How many episodes is the series? I'm concerned it's going to not last forever and currently it's the best thing I watch!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. There are 5 episodes in total

6. Henceforth you shall be known as 'Bob' :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. More accurate to call me Sink or Weight as I cannot float except about a foot below the surface.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. What an excellent,albeit frightening,series.
    Makes me think nuclear energy is not the answer, more and more of these plants are being built which is scary.
    And we wonder why cancer is rife, diet they tell us!

9. Always partial to a bit of Scottish cock...

10. You're on the wrong forum Ricky. Unless youre calling me a cock of course. Which is fair enough.

11. I meant me being partial! :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. You clearly do some diving if your profile pic is any indication :thinkingface:

I'm loving this show. After the first episode I got hooked and spent a good while reading up on the subject. Shocking how we still use something which can go so catastrophically wrong and have global implications

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The very reactor type that failed is still in use I believe elsewhere. I read it online, could be rubbish.

I’m hoping there are more than 5 episodes though because there is way too much to wrap up, like how it happened etc

14. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RBMK

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gutted I can't get Sky Atlantic . Bloody Virgin tv

16. I haven’t got Sky but you can watch it on Putlocker as I did.

17. It's on now tv and catch up

• Like Like x 1
  18. The room the firefighters gear was dumped in in the hospital basement is still a no go zone, its currently at 40 msv per hour....if you are a nuclear worker you could stand in the room for 1.5 minutes and would receive your yearly max exposure.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information