1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chicken Strippers, Trying To Get Rid Of Mine

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by SF Kiwi, Jul 11, 2020.

1. I guess compared to higher quality tyres out there, they (BT016's) are lacking somewhat, but for the road, they seem good enough. I did have the S22's and they were just amazing but bloody expensive.

2. image.jpeg Not chicken strips but s......bricks.
    Mere 135 kph French motorway moving out to overtake line of trucks, saw something flash across me. Bang piece of packing timber. Front tyre deflated,rear deflated. Footrest off, side stand switch disappeared, motor off. Rear wheel same as front.
    Arrived on hard shoulder still upright, right shoulder dislocated, realised later when the adrenaline dropped.
    Not a crack in the wheels,. Picked up off to Triumph dealership in Chalon sur Soane. Changed wheels out, front mudguard, forks off V blocked, still true. Took all parts off bike on display. Hospital, shoulder back in, X Ray done. Back, sling off a bit of an uncomfortable 200 miles to the house..Happy days. 3k euros all approved over telephone. Tyre in picture was new. Tubeless tyres, one of the best safety items on new bikes. Inner tubes would shred and chuck off the tyre.

3. Wow - lucky to be upright after that!

4. First thing said at the dealership. How did you not drop the bike? No idea, maybe because I did not grab a handful of brake for some bizarre reason. Handle bar slap probably kept me occupied. No chance if I had a pillion. Sphincter still twitches passing trucks!,

5. :eek: Wow, that's some story and with a vastly better outcome than would usually have been expected.
    Great news that you are still relatively intact, hopefully now improving rapidly and that the bike is being improved likewise!......:eyes:
    Look after yourself from here on in.:upyeah:

6. Chicken stripper

chicken-losing-feathers-on-its-entire-body-683x1024.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. You guys are WIMPS!!!!!

I remove ALL of my chicken strips EVERY WEEK!! No matter how close they are to the edge!!

[​IMG]

All Gone this week :p:p:p:p:p:p

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information