1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choices For This Year.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Hughdg, Feb 29, 2020.

1. There’s no choice to make, get em all on a multi insurance policy and ride all of them, ok the tax is a bit of a hit but luckily 2 of mine don’t need tax.

2. 1st world problems....

only have 1 bike an 821 monster and it didn't get ridden enough last year due to work commitments, i wanted to add another, but space, budget, work, family commitments and a new car are conspiring against me - so i've postponed the purchase till next year and hopefully another years no claims will make it more palatable.

3. Its that one of those optical illusion pictures where you have to squint at it with one hand over your eye for 30 seconds to see the pattern emerge?

The tyres might be also a bit dodgy after sitting in one spot for 6 years, surely?

4. The S4RS is probably the most accessible and fun bike out of the ones mentioned, but they are kind of collectors' items now and putting mileage, muck and minor dings on it might not be your cup of tea. Me - I don't give a crap about residual values and I buy bikes to ride them, so I don't worry about those issues but some do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sell one to me, you decide

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Got to buy a few tyres for some of the others so guess the list will just get a bit bigger.

7. I just got back from my first proper blast on my new (to me) S4R. What a bike. I already have a heavily modded S4 (916 tank, Panigale subframe and seat, BST carbon wheels plus millions of other mods) but the R has so much more stomp. :D

#27 Zhed46, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. S4RS is definately one of my better buys (end of year bonus at work to be accurate) and it is serious fun to take out on those rare sunny days.

9. They pay you in Ducatis!? Are they hiring? :yum

10. That was the good old days, don't think they will be coming back any time soon.

11. IMG_20200319_163301.jpg Easy one done, ready for Mot on Saturday week, next job to dig the 1098 out of the garage and get it in the warm.

• Like Like x 5
  12. IMG_20200322_190923.jpg
    Still loads to do but made a good start on it which helped kill the boredom of not going out.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Pics as you go please. :upyeah:

14. I see you're still single hugh :D

15. Very much so, helps with the social distancing and self isolation not to mention the workshop facilities. :grinning:

16. It was the workshop facilities that gave the game away:joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. IMG_20200418_125306.jpg
    IMG_20200418_130709.jpg
    It's done. :) Finished off paint repair to right side fairing this morning, replaced the rusted rivet and washer on the front mudguard clip that holds the brake pipe and re fitted all the fairing panels. Just got to get an Mot next week and I'm ready for the road as soon the all clear is given.
    Time for a celebratory curry.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Nice one, looking good:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information