1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choose Between 996s Or 998

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Lazzzydog, Jun 3, 2021.

?
  1. 996S

37.5%
  2. 998

62.5%
  1. Sounds like one of those lost weekends in Amsterdam.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Was that girl called Tamburini? I never knew her name!

3. Good result post more pics when you can
    Play a long game and wait out and pay up for some non drilled age appropriate fairings unless youre gonna get the existing ones repaired?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BE70C40C-B7D6-4AB9-820C-5A52FCB0574C.jpeg
    I think « her » name was the Gimp...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Meh. I drilled holes in my SPS fairing when it was a year old....;)

• WTF WTF x 1
  6. One side panel is a plastic aftermarket one and the other is original. If you don't look too close the copy is a good match and way cheaper than oem. I won't bother repairing but when funds allow I will try to buy some genuine replacements if any come up for sale that don't require me to sell a kidney or put the wife on the game.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. The Gimp is coming for you...
    Z

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oh that was you screaming out loud with pain before my turn that strange day.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 10.24.08.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Are all the 996/998 fairings tamburini? Or just S/SPS?

12. Used my OEM fairings as track fairings on my SPS....

13. IMAG0186.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Well, Tamburini was the head designer for the 748/916/996/998 series. The fairings are pretty much all very similar, with some variants at the end of the production line (« slab » fairings on the 998, carbon fairings on some R models,...). So yes, I think you can reasonably consider all the SBK models of that era as « Tamburinis ». At least that’s how they are called on this side of the channel.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have some bits that might be of use to people then, bought a load when I trashed mine, I'll see what I have and list

Do Not Sell My Personal Information