1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Presents????

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Saves water, saves the planet. :D

2. Apart from the ore dug out of the planet, the transport of it for refining, the energy used to smelt the ore, the transport of that to the spoon factory, the energy used to make that into a spoon, the transport of the spoon to the shops and the petrol used by whoever goes to buy the spoon.

All to make your spoons? :thinkingface: You might as well just go and club a seal, you animal. :mad:

#22 Robarano, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • WTF WTF x 1
  3. Just steal some from the next place you visit....job done lol

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. And be a real environmentalist and don't wash...... the spoon... so what if there is a bit of coffee or tea cross contamination...

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Was there a reason this type of ne er do well ended up in Oz?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Just a temporary thing mate, my flag is like going to change in couple of weeks when i am back in good old blighty

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nothing i really need or want. As long as son idb is happy im happy.im sitting here in a cubicle in a&e with my father who has lung cancer. Sort of puts the imaginary guys birthday in perspective.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Depends what you like @Robarano ....ie if youre gadgety person then a pair of socks aint gonna cut it....gadgety myself - other half has got me a hdhomerun box (quad tuner)...literally just a black box that sits on your network. Network cable to your router and an aerial cable going to it, thats it. You can then get live tv on literally any device...ipad, android, pc and pvr (Plex for example will hook on to it).

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Sounds good, I'll look into it. :) :upyeah:

10. You do know that returning deportees were generally hung?;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Here you go....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Set-top-...UTF8&qid=1543765329&sr=8-2&keywords=hdhomerun

Theyre 150 everywhere but, Amazon does do a prime offer on and off.....i saw it go to 126, thought, cant afford that at the moment, then it went back up and thought "bugger, really cant afford it now" so kept an eye on it, then one day it dropped to 96 quid so i jumped at that. I would say the dual tuner one is a waste of time if youve got alot of you in the house/sources. Very handy if you get a new smarttv as you can connect to the home run on that....ie you could buy a new tv stick it somewhere and need literally no cables going to it....

Oh, quite literally plug and play...just plugged it in and it works...if you hop on the ip of it on your network, theres a firmware update for it also. I got one for my mother in laws house (just finished renovating and updating her pvr under her telly) she loves it (i got her an intel NUC, and a drobo for storing all her tv, photos films and transferred all her dvds to the storage box).

Its a proper gadget, you dont need to know how it does it, it just does (based on my mother in law thinking its quite literally witchcraft) as she can now watch tv on her ipad in her sewing room.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. M&S

13. Never bothered to buy Kevlar jeans & found this year, many times I just didn’t want to “leather up” so to speak. Might be worth a shout?

14. wasn't aware of that rule lol

15. What about a bike racing painting?
    A couple of years ago my wife and daughter arranged for a photo shoot with my dad on our bikes, great present and unique .

• Like Like x 1
  16. One X is the one i have 4K gaming

17. An open bar tab at the IOM :) Cant go wrong.

18. Simple it’s not about presents it’s about family/friends so...... find a big room and everyone bring an item of food/drink
    Sit down together and enjoy because life is short
    Memories last a lifetime presents are just for Christmas
    :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Thoughts with you idb

20. I've told everyone Halfords advanced tray sets and Halfords advanced torque goodies.

The missus thinks i'm mental but she just doesn't get the satisfaction of ratchet spanners :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information