1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Tips

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Char, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Might do a Christmas morning kedgeree and invite a few neighbours round - think our local is shut

Venison & Turkey for Christmas Day

Turkey in the aga the night before or we end up eating at midnight

Lots of alcohol and no driving everything Home made / cooked so long as I get round to making some truffles and ice the cake

Long dog walk and watch a movie

Both in holiday for the week
    Job jobbed

• Like Like x 2
  2. Postcode and house name/number?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. ...yet another creative parenting idea! Thinking outside the box. My son would have ruined it for me though. He would have told me (regarding burning gifts) that I was throwing away my own money. Burning kids, he would have told me that I would only find myself alone. Was always a challenge to stay one step ahead of him.

• Like Like x 3
  4. This year we've got both sons with wives and assorted grandchildren coming to stay with us for Xmas eve and Xmas day/night. Xmas day will undoubtedly be manic but I'm so looking forward to it.

SWMBO has been (as she always is) inventive with daft presents for the grandchildren. We tend to buy them daft things they actually play with and we put a chunk of money into trust for them for when they are old enough to appreciate it. T'other sets of grandparents seem to think they have to buy big presents/toys for them but I find they seem to get forgotten about after about five minutes and the boxes are far more interesting. Waste of money IMO.

Every year we always give our lads a couple of hundred in cash BUT she manages to secrete it in various ways to make things interesting. For example a couple of years ago she rolled up fivers and tenners and inserted them inside some drinking straws, and put them back into the full box of straws and gave them a box of straws each, so they had to sort/cut through every single one to make sure they'd found all the money. Another year she had them on a treasure hunt round the whole courtyard to find their money. This year, seeing as £5 and £10 notes are now waterproof, she's decided to freeze them into ice cubes and will put them into drinks throughout the day/evening. :D

I'm really looking forward to it but I'm sure I'll be frazzled by the time they all leave on Boxing Day. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. If I could have a Christmas likes Char's or Fin's I might quite enjoy it. Unfortunately, when you're single people think you have no life and will not have made any plans of your own, and when you don't drink they assume you enjoy nothing more than spending all your free time driving.

#25 Gimlet, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Such an easy mistake to make....

Palm Tree lights.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Look on the bright side,by Christmas Day,the days will have started to get longer!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 23rd this year I think - best Christmas present every year :):upyeah:

9. Disappear on a Dragoman tour with Chizzy to some far flung spot that doesn’t celebrate Christmas -

10. A Christmas morning ride given most of the roads will be empty because people wishing they could do what you are doing but can't because of family, is always a Christmas morning grin factor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Has @chizel been formally domesticated? I'm not familiar with the procedure for getting someone out of jail in Azerbaijan.

12. The solstice varies?
    Thought it was the 21st every year... :/

#32 Old rider, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 19th to the 23rd :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Only in York. :)

15. You checked :mad:

o_O

16. image.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. It involves lot's and lot's of lube. I wouldn't recommend it but if you are determined, anything is possible.

18. meh, i wouldn't get to envious gimps, my anticipated crimbo experience, is more a wish list than anything else. it will no doubt do what it usually does and turn mild just before my holiday and pish down for two weeks. the kids will argue like fuck and the maw in law will do my nut in. .

• Like Like x 1
  19. I have no kids but a brother in law with 4 under 10 enough to put anyone off..... for ever!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information