1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by broke, Nov 4, 2018.

1. xmas.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3

2. There is a Christmas tree up in Hereford
    You would have thought Nov 11th would be significant and the council could have waited

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Must be really annoying for all those army types seeing the festive period starting before Armistice Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Anyway it’s all about the Winter Solstice really.

#64 Carr01, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  5. I too am looking forward to Festivus.

Next month, not this month, obviously. Cos that would be insane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. funny-scrooge.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jesus walks into a hotel and throws a bag of nails on the counter and says "can you put me up for the night?".

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The really really old ones really are the best :)

10. Apparently Father Christmas is arriving in Cwmbran on the 14th of this month, for those of you who think the so called (f**kin festive season) isn't long ebloodynough.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. What needs remembering and is really relevant is the amount of time it takes to put Christmas up, I have worked in the Christmas industry over 20 years, I am working on garlands daily from yesterday as I have been time limited, but when I used to be out on the road in shopping centres everything was up 6 weeks before Christmas and took up to a month to put up, we used to get some stick off passers by obviously but how do you do it all near the time? Impossible...I'll be in London next week assisting with some shopfronts in and around the capital, prestigious shops too i.e. Watch and jewellery shops (famous ones) some lads at Covent Garden right now, big business is Christmas but takes a long time to put up.

Below is the scene from my mates living room in york, talk about taking your work home, basically a few different venues around Yorkshire are making stuff for London and Glasgow I'm in otley working on it, this is the start (hopefully) of a tidy little business for my mate as the last business he had went after the floods 3 years ago at Christmas, it was a massive shame but his business partner pulled his money out when the insurance paid out which left nowhere to go, the business had masses of work it was absolutely ridiculous it finished, anyway see where this goes, hopefully it goes from strength to strength for him, he certainly has good loyal people around him now.

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sorry @I'm closing in but Christmas isn't about business as far as I'm concerned, it should be about people. Business's have now ruined this time of year for me now, they don't give a shit about Christmas and what it should be about, all their worried about is maximizing profit.
    Bah! fekin! Humbug! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. You see, it's people like you that destroy the commercial spirit of Christmas.

I won't enjoy spending anything on it now, hope you're happy. Ruined it.

Disclaimer: I don't ever spend anything on Christmas (but I am still angry)

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Christmas is big business
    The more weeks it’s available the more you spend
    Get your money out it’s the golden quarter

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. personally I can't wait for Black Friday and Cyber Monday so i can buy all the shit that no-one wanted last year, and that I don't need, at knocked down prices.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ok, so when you sit at your dinner table on Christmas Day/Boxing Day or whenever you possibly pull crackers? Those crackers are probably been made from early January, alongside the artificial Christmas trees, the mince pies, the decorations adorning your house, the mistletoe, the Reeths on the door, the kids all want to go see Christmas displays, the advent calendars, wrapping paper, Christmas is big business but it is in big demand from people, do you think the top brass at ducati, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki etc etc leave their offices everyday and rush home to ride or polish their bikes? Do you think they generally ride bikes or even own one? Business is business, virtually every household in the uk has some form of Christmas related article in it even if just a Christmas card from someone they don't like, but people demand Christmas in its present form, as long as this continues a business will supply what is required, I have worked today lighting items that will decorate a top watch shop on Oxford street next week that shop absolutely has to look the mutts nuts, people do not want to go into a shopping centre with a shit Christmas display, that is not business forcing it that is people wanting it, I despise the Toby carvery places putting book for Christmas signs up end of August or whenever and indeed anything that advertises Christmas way in advance, but what I have been involved in is a bit different to be fair.

• Like Like x 1
  17. You've never been to my house for Christmas have you :neutral:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I have.

19. It was you.............:eek:
    Bloody hell, you've gained weight :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information