1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrisw A Big Thank You

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Chris9682, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Not sure if this is the correct forum category but I would just like praise chrisw for his technical help.
    He has gone above and beyond with his knowledge and time regarding a little project I have undertaken on my1198.
    He is the kind of person which makes the forum great.
    Thumbs up
    Chris

• Like Like x 25
    • Agree Agree x 8
  2. Bravo! Well said :):upyeah:

3. Thanks for the kind words.
    I really enjoy helping out with projects.
    This one was putting DTC on a base 1198.

• Like Like x 13
  4. There are some good members & there are many extremely genious people on here. Plus the ducati forum trade network has to be acknowledged for companies going above & beyond their needed level of interaction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. He’s a good bloke. Always helpful :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Finished off the last part of the dtc upgrade (ecu reflash,diagnostics and TPS reset) today with more help from chrisw.
    I know this has been covered in the past,but I am going to do a write up of the small problems encountered.
    Just need to get out on the bike and test it first

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Hi Chris,

I couldn't find a way to message you directly, so i'm trying here.
    I have a 2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 which i have installed Termignoni slip ons. I bought a race ECU that was supposed to fit the bike, but when i install it, the bike won't start. In the display it says ''Racing'', but nothing happens when i try to start. With the original ECU, the bike isn't running properly on lower revs.
    I've been reading on the forum, and a lot of people are recommending you for similar problems. Could you help me in any way? :)
    Daniel

8. Hi Daniel
    You need to have posted 30 times to access the pm function
    It was a decision made after we had scammers on the site

@chrisw

• Like Like x 2
  9. @chrisw Aha, i see!
    Are you able to help me with this problem? :)

10. It is not an immobiliser problem as the Immo on your bike is just in the clocks. When you installed the RACE ECU are you certain you fitted the small black earth fly lead that goes under one of the bolts. That can cause the bike not to start. Can you post some images of the labels on the RACE ECU.

11. Ok, i will have to check that later, i’m currently at work offshore. I have somre pictures from when i tried to install it, not sure if its the correct labels

49973090-D678-4DB1-8F65-A46DD4C080FA.jpeg

9132D29B-434C-4E4F-ACAC-E1BBCB9B7FD4.jpeg

12. You have the correct ECU, so it has to be another issue.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ok. I've seen that some say you have to link the ECU to the bike, or something like that. Is there any way to reset the ECU?

14. The ECUs for your bike are virgin and plug/play. They are not like the earlier ones as fitted to the likes of the 749/999 where the ECU was paired to the clocks. The only thing recommended for your set up is a TPS reset but that is not essential.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ok, I will try to fit the racing ECU again when i'm home again. Do you know if i could run on the standard ECU with Termignoni slip ons and just have the TPS reset to make it run clean?

16. The bike will run but it will be running lean with the stock ECU. The DP ECU gives better fuelling (not perfect like a custom tune) and also disables the lambda(s) allowing them to be removed/blanked. It also allows the CO to be adjusted. Useful when balancing the throttle bodies and getting best idle speed. TPS just tells the ECU when throttle is closed, throttle is wide open and all points in between.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ok, thank you so much for your help Chris :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information