1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarke Hydraulic Bike Lift....

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Sambighair, Dec 30, 2018.

1. The reason why I've chosen a bike lift in the past over an abba stand type is pretty much explained in the abba video by bob and by robs pictures

If I work on any of these it is to raise the bike to work on it at a comfortable and easy height. The bike table lift allows me to have all my tools/equipment, on the ramp and at the same raised height, the abba type stand does not. It's for this reason that I've tended to use table ramps rather than abba-esque.

I'm sure the abba jack/style is a good tool it's just been the table/ramps style seems to be a better one?

• Like Like x 2
  2. @Robarano I'm quite glad it became a lift vs abba thread, lots of folk giving the pros and cons of both, very informative. I plumped for the cml3 in the end, my reasons being...
    I like how easy it is to wheel o e bike off and the next one one without the faff of setting it up again.

The fact you have somewhere to pop your tools down as I don't have any workbenches at all in my man cave.

When not in use with a bike I can use it as a work bench.

I have 360 access to all parts without the lift ring in the way.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Photos for clarity... IMG_1952.JPG IMG_1955.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. Same as Sealey, took front clamp off for now. Think it was £280. A place down near Mansfield, found on net. 20170625_163510.jpg 20170623_130847.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information