1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarke Motorcycle Lift

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shakeys dad, Mar 3, 2019.

1. ive had one of these for about 9 years and it suddenly stopped working.anyone got any ideas

2. A little more info as to what it is not doing would help. but I think you are saying that it does not pump up anymore, either by foot pedal or air?

3. yeah doesn't pump up by the foot pedal

4. Either the hydraulic seals have failed in the pump and or piston (not surprising after 9 years) or you have lost hydraulic fluid. Not sure but someone recently mentioned getting their lift repaired. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Most pump seals are easy and available from any hydraulic supplier .Look in your area for a dealer who can repair it or do it yourself

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Top the Oil up first :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Useful Useful x 2
  7. have you tried re-booting it? (im on fire)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. The pin in the linkage between the pedal and hydraulic ram wore thru on mine. Replacing it was a bit of a nightmare cos it operates so close to the chassis.

Unless it's going up and down like a frog up a pump I would have thought seals are unlikely, especially without the witness of oil.

TB

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Mine stopped lifting after a few years and there was a small amount of fluid leaking from it.

I got a Clarke seal kit from Machine Mart which sorted it out.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. The ups and downs of lift ownership..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. and non-ups :thinkingface:

12. From experience

Wot ‘e said

:upyeah:

13. Yip, that what was wrong with my Clarke Bottle Jack :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information