1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarksons At It Again!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by triari, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Rumour has it that long before the "fracas" ITV had tried to poach Clarkson with a £10 million offer to front a rival version. I bet the BBC won't do anything till they know what Clarkson's next move will be. It would be a ratings and financial disaster to sign up Evans or anyone else to TG if Clarkson, May and Hammond were about to pop up on ITV. There are some very dim and people inhabiting the BBC's parallel universe but they won't be that dim. They're clearly well aware of the revenue they're about to lose judging by the way they're pushing TG repeats on BBC3 and Dave (which is part owned by the BBC) for all they're worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. They may well consider letting things settle and reemploy clarkson.

3. According Sunday Times some wiseguy has come up with the name Change Gear for a new programme, possibly on Netflix. I love the name, great humour.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The old Top Gear had run it's course.

A new creative team could make an equally popular show with the right team in place. It won't please everyone but there were a lot of people who had lost their appetite for more contrived, schoolboy pranks, extreme car thrashing. So a new audience awaits. The Adventure trips were the best (Africa, Vietnam, USA) but the last trip through Argentina was very weak apart from the unscripted excitement at the end.

I think Guy Martin/Chris Evans/Gadgetman could be the winning formula ;)

The old threesome will stick together and we could have two interesting, refreshed shows :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. They should let the program go now, it's past it's best.
    A new team and a new format need to be found,

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Estimates of the viewing figures worldwide are anywhere from 220 million to 350 million depending on who you believe - yes, that really sounds like a show that lost its appeal / run its course / was in need of updating...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TG producer Andy Wilman, Clarkson's mate and co-writer, resigned from the BBC yesterday. Someone's made them an offer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wilman put out a statement saying that he has not resigned - so maybe that was an April fool story too...

9. When a private message Wilman had sent to his colleagues was published along with the suggestion that it meant he had resigned, Wilman responded by pointing out that his message did not say he had resigned. He carefully avoided saying whether he actually would or would not resign.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Saw it yesterday but didn't get round to posting it and didn't see your post ...

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. You don't know the meaning of love .. you love your bikes/cars/garage/tools/cleaning rags more than me. I'm just a domestic servant who provides sexual favours to you .... et etc!

12. are you sure your not drinking wine instead of staking wine?

13. Quite sure. I never drink before 10.55am

14. Your freighting me :Bag:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information