1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Jap Fast Bike Over 15 Years Old Possible Investment Vtr Sp1 Similar Bikes Any Suggestions

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Glenb, Apr 1, 2018.

1. I’m thinking about buying a classic jap bike now I want something 15 years old plus so I can add it to my classic insurance I already have on my dukes but I want something that’s still fast and powerful and something which hopefully will hold its money I’ve been looking at VTR sp1 and sp2 but what else is there of a similar type of thing , thanks in advance

2. Yamaha R1 1998/1999 models:thinkingface:The first/second year fireblade 1992/1993:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Suzuki GSX1000 Katana or GSX1100 Katana.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 750 kwacker h1 green white job, z650, gs1000, srAD 750 SUZY,

5. ZXR 750 L2 11 years in storage on this forum recently?

6. yam ex up

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Two stroke 500cc bikes:upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Suzuki GSXR1100SP

9. Kh is a good option, light and handle well, triple is lovely torquey thing, Suzy Gt's triples heavy 380,550, twins pretty boring, Rd's good option but like all two strokes getting bloody dear and easy to blow up as well..

10. rs250 about as good as it gets, or and rgv 250 same lump

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. YZF 750, late Ohlins spec model

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Important question @Glenb What's the budget? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I'm afraid you have missed the boat everyone not making money in the bank is trying to make money on something that will appreciate, a nice srad 750 might be attainable reasonably cheap but Suzuki always are cheaper anyway, gold and black now look ace funny as they looked shite on release, across the board old bikes have gone daft, I turned down 6k recently for my rvf ( mistake) I have bought rvf's for as little as £1300 up to £1800 for a very very tidy one 5 ish years ago, zxr 400's are still ok occasionally but not a powerful thing like you want, obviously the only way to get a bargain is constantly monitor sites set up alerts, get on the phone and get to the seller asap as you are far from alone chasing an appreciating bike.
    Nsr 400r or any nsr, rgv, kr1s, zxr, yzf/r1, blades, rs 250 any variant, gsxr, fzr, nc30, tdr 250, dt 175, list goes on and on unfortunately a lot are just not been used it's a supply and demand thing I guess.

14. If you watch the market the 70's bikes peaked a while ago, the 80's bikes have stagnated. 90's have seen the start of a large rise for some models like the R1 mentioned above. Still some bargains in there though. into the 2000's GSXR1000K1 would be a good bet - but always better with something rarer. The rise / stagnate / fall cycle is generally around 30 to 40 years due to the age profile, unless very rare then they tend to keep going northwards.
    Buy what you like, and what seems the best deal at the time. Good to have a short list of a few, but if you have a favourite then buy one of those :)
    Many 80's Jap Classics at the next Stafford Sale by Bonham's but these will be commanding good money unless the money runs out towards the end of the day...

15. I had one sp1 and 3 sp2's :joy: 6 rvf's, 5 of the 954 fireblades, mv 750 evo 2, rs 250, 749, 2 848's, srad 750 in lucky strike colours, 2 kdx 200's, klr250, fzr 400 Vance and Hines, oh fuck it I'm off to shoot meself before I get too deep....:bucktooth:

16. I've always thought early Fireblades offer good value for money. But I have no indication that they are going to start flying up in value. :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TL1000S (the widow maker)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Great shout, and the tlr no doubt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Standard first model low mileage Hayabusa.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information