1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Jap Fast Bike Over 15 Years Old Possible Investment Vtr Sp1 Similar Bikes Any Suggestions

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Glenb, Apr 1, 2018.

1. I think the budget here is circa £2K :) all very nice but all very away with the fairies on price :yum

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. its just a contribution:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Bit shit though. Bit sports /tourer, like the Thunder Ace.

4. You couldn't be more wrong - they walk all over Fireblade's of that Era and were as fast as an R1 too. And certainly not lardy like a Chunder Ace.... you're guessing aren't you :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Screenshot_20180403-092937.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Don't read a review from after it's hey day dilbert - all sports bikes become sports tourer's when compared to more modern bikes... :rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. The ZXR9's were light - check the specs of the ZX9R-E1

8. Agree, the ones after the launch model were light and full on sports bikes only surpassed by the R1 which was somewhat of a leap forward for sportsbikes :)

9. That's a good buy if a 1998 model and not a 1998 production 1999 model with different fairings - no wonder most hated those red seats and bought blue ones though, but red seats are where the money is now. (Also check it wasn't originally blue)

10. It's not the first time Petal has disagreed with facts and history :thinkingface:

:):upyeah:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. All? Screenshot_20180403-094701.png

12. Considering your budget a nice 750 SRAD or ZX7R would be your best bet.
    Sp1-Sp2 with low mileage and in reasonable conditions are 7 - 10k
    Race replica 2 strokers are already expensive....and also expensive to run as compared to the above "diesels"

13. Yes, a 600 anyway, and nobody would ever call it a sports tourer. 60mls round M25 to Brands and I was suffering.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. that's cos you is a tall fella. :)
    I was like a frog basking on a breeze block on mine :blush:
    then again I thought the 916 was super roomy

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. 98 R1, although you’ll struggle to get a white/red one for £2k

7A41C25E-AFBA-4986-BCEE-8AC0652D4E45.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information