1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning Filthy Brembo Goldlines

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Messer, Mar 3, 2020.

1. You need M8 for them.

2. What pitch do you know ?

3. Sorry not sure if they're 1mm or 1.25mm

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iff you have some new ones that are the wrong size, presumably you know the thread pitch of the new ones, can't you put the threads of the new and old together and see if they are the same pitch.

5. Messer, factory manual says they are M6x1, the unions are specified at M10x1. Best check what came out

6. I recently ordered some for my 748, they sent M8 which were to small I needed m10, when I spoke to them they said the M8 were for the later bike with 65mm mountings, mine is the earlier bike with 40mm mountings.
    Steve

7. Birdie, the 748 factory manual I quoted from is the MY02 748S version from May 02, just checked the bike (and the 999) and my nipples are M6

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Odd that he has new M6 that are too small.

9. It is odd as the part number cross references across many bikes as 631400041A and shows as M8x1.25mm on the cross refs, the factory books for both my bikes shows that part as an M6x1 and both specifies a torque of 12Nm (never torqued a bleed nipple in my life and never will).

10. Looking at the calliper in the pic, it looks like M8 to me compared to the m10 union bolt.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Great stuff cancer causing and banned just about everywhere. Too high to care I have been told. Never sniffed it myself or dipped a cigarette in it your honour. A big boy made me do it.

12. Carbon Tetrachloride used to be handy for cleaning and welding plastics. You don’t see that for sale any more?

#53 Darkness, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2020
  13. Got to say, what amazing stuff that bilt hamber is!!

clue was in the name really, but gobsmacked how effective it was on this task, I even had to take the one I had done back apart to do it again, as the one I had done with built hamber made it look a mess!!

thanks @Rob for the tip !

C31B429A-7A86-4075-82F3-404BFDE4A128.jpeg

352034A2-2251-4735-AEFD-4CB69D096438.jpeg

EC399B8E-57AB-45E8-B498-84CE092521EF.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Right. I’m gonna get me some of that. I have just done front pads and bled front, rear & clutch today and I’d rather not disassemble everything again (but will if necessary) - can you use this stuff with the pads in?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Me too - Amazon with "Free" Prime delivery £12.12 for a litre (damaged label or something) was the best price Google could find for me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I don’t see why not, just blast it with brake cleaner after

• Like Like x 1
  17. No worries buddy......glad to help. I do have a vast knowledge of all things detailing including the best ' SAFE ' chemicals for the job....

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Thats the third purchase I've made from your reccomendation. The Peeks polish is great, and fairly soon I will put the wheel wax on too.
    Thanks alot!

PS. Get some product sponsorship or tinterweb shop going soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Thanks....Funny you should say that we are opening our new Car Care Store at the end of the month!!!!!:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::fist: where all the products I recommend we will be stocking.....put out the word folks!!!!

• Like Like x 9
Do Not Sell My Personal Information