1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning (oil Stains From Block Paving)

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Andy800, Jun 21, 2020.

1. strong sugar soap solution then jet wash off.....

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. No just whack the petrol on and throw a match cleans everything up :blush:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. The last time i did when i was bored with petrol in the cottage yard,wait for it...............it left a stain,Lol.o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. or turn 'em over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I cleaned up a whole box hedge last time :cool:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Out of interest,are you in the Westminster area,i just might have a little job for you this weekend.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Soap powder dry scattered on to the stain, leave 30 mins absorbs surface oils. Add little water to a paste and brush in. Jet off, no need for conditioner. Smells good even if it doesn't work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Have you tried this one?
    https://www.halfords.com/motoring/e...-degreaser/gunk-driveway-clear-1l-678128.html

9. I used the one Denzil suggested.

10. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Sorry that's my palm

11. Andy, no, but I always have a large tin of old style Gunk in the garage, also really like the smell from a hot engine cleaned with the stuff, reminds me of my youth on a GS550.
    I thought Gunk did something for floors or drives but could not find it in a cursory look earlier

12. Can I be somewhat pedantic & request an image of the offending area in question.

I read the pictures

#32 GunZenBomZ, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I’ll post up a few pics when I get home. That way we can see the difference of before and after. Will try the different variants of gunk and see how it goes
    There are two areas so I’ll try a different product/method on each

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gunk wrecks tarmac/bitumen floors

15. OT8, use it all the time to clean large oil spills at work, if it works there, it'll work on your blocks.

Cleany Uppy Oily Shit Link

• Useful Useful x 2
  16. If you created more Oil patches - you could test all suggested methods and do a cost / effectiveness comparison :p

Next thing - start of a You Tube channel - and a consumer product testing empire!

Or an oil stained drive - one of the two. :thinkingface:

I would do it but I just have gravel.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Gravel is easy simply load your bath with two buckets at a time, soak in mild caustic soda solution and drain and rinse. Continue until all gravel is clean or the white van arrives with the nice doctors.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. The offending stain

1F628DEA-EDB1-4F34-84B6-39264CB09C6E.jpeg

19. Has anyone suggested baking soda & white vinegar? It's certainly not a massive area to scrub' (cheers for pic)

20. Never heard of that one. Might be worth a try :upyeah:
    There are 2 areas like the one pictured

Do Not Sell My Personal Information