1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Clearwater Lights Story

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by john clelland, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Is there an opportunity for Ducati auxiliary lighting importer from the USA?
    I'm here for testing purposes.

I tried making a resin rear light for the 998S in clear and then fitting colour changing LED's for brakes, indicators and alarm (blue/White).
    Costed out about £300 retail in 2006... my business partner at the time was worried that they may sue us or we'd get in trouble with type approval.
    Then I found this lot..... $225... and it was better optics.
    https://www.customled.com/products/...ti-multistrada-1200-integrated-led-tail-light

2. So, from my side of the fence, since I bought my Multistrada in 2012, I have never felt the need to add any extra lighting to what the bike came with. In fact, the total opposite was true as I finally had to adjust the beams so they didn’t upset oncoming car drivers. The lights are more than adequate at night time, including unlit stretches of road in the Picos in northern Spain and I see absolutely no benefit from emulating 1960’s Lambretta riders. Andy

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. I've got bikes with and without.... they are better with..

4. ..yeah I thought we'd had this abrupt interaction before when someone voiced how ridiculously expensive they are..

5. Unfortunately a lot of American products are over priced and under perform imo. The exchange rate does not help. Not making this up, just compare the spec of many products.
    I say this after buying many Sage fly rods over the years (top end, top price) and also as the owner of two rather expensive Gibson guitars.
    I fitted Denali to my previous GS.
    They have a huge choice of lights and lighting output. Excellent build too at a fraction of the cost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wouldn't it be easier if John just posted the 'come on drum up sales' email.

7. +1 for Denali. Have a set of the diddy led spots on my GS. Can’t fault them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sometimes wish I had kept mine as they would have fitted my current GS. That said, the standard lights are superb and the BM is heavy enough already without extra 'clutter'.

9. The LED's on the newer bikes are amazing IMHO....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information